A guide to hybrid cloud storage, edge computing, and data transfer sessions at AWS re:Invent 2019
In one of our recent AWS Storage blog posts, we shared an all-in storage guide for re:Invent so you can maximize your time at the conference. We have more than 150 storage sessions ranging from breakouts, chalk talks, builder sessions, and workshops. Don’t wait to reserve your spot for your favorite sessions, and be sure to check out the hybrid cloud storage, edge computing, and data transfer sessions at re:Invent.
What to do next
- If you have never been to re:Invent, watch the “How to re:Invent” videos here.
- Check out all of the storage sessions in the catalog here.
- Reserve your seats for the storage leadership session – STG201-L – Leadership session: Storage state of the union – where we will highlight the latest innovations across all AWS storage services. Join us to learn what’s new in AWS object, file, and block storage, as well as in hybrid, edge, and data transfer services. You will also hear from major AWS storage customers about how they’re using AWS storage to create a competitive advantage in their businesses.
- Reserve your seat for your favorite hybrid cloud storage, edge computing, and data transfer sessions, conveniently listed below!
Lecture style and 60 minutes long. These sessions will take place throughout the re:Invent campus and cover all topics at all levels (200–400). Sessions are delivered by AWS experts, customers, and partners, and they typically include 10–15 minutes of Q&A at the end.
- STG204-R [REPEAT] – Get data to AWS: How to choose and use data migration services, [REPEAT 1]
- STG211 – How to use AWS storage for on-premises file-based applications
- STG213 – Storage for hybrid cloud and edge computing: Bring AWS to you
- STG214 – Data migration and edge computing with the AWS Snow family
- STG217 – Shift your tape backups to AWS to save time and money
- STG234 – Data archiving and digital preservation solutions with AWS, ft. Team Coco
- STG305-R [REPEAT] – Build hybrid storage architectures with AWS Storage Gateway, [REPEAT 1]
- STG333 – Migrate and modernize SFTP file transfer workflows with AWS
- STG342 – Rapid online data transfer with AWS DataSync
Highly interactive content format with a smaller audience. They begin with a 10–15-minute lecture delivered by an AWS expert, followed by a 45–50-minute Q&A session with the audience. The goal is to foster a technical discussion around real-world architecture challenges.
- STG205-R [REPEAT] – Data migration: Understanding the technologies and options, [REPEAT 1], [REPEAT 2]
- STG219 – AWS Snow family: Why we built it, how to migrate with it
- STG220 – How to move 700 TB over the wire to AWS with AWS DataSync
- STG221 – SFTP workflows for data lakes and enterprise applications
- STG222-R [REPEAT] – Developing a game plan for storage migration to AWS, [REPEAT 1]
- STG310-R [REPEAT] – Edge computing use cases: Deep dive on AWS Snowball Edge, [Repeat 1]
- STG336 – Using hybrid cloud storage to close a data center and migrate
- STG337 – Managing large-scale offline data migrations: Best practices
- STG346-R – [REPEAT] Deep dive on CloudEndure Disaster Recovery, [REPEAT 1]
- STG352 – Edge computing in disaster response with Snowball Edge
- STG353 – Edge computing, IoT & machine learning in disaster response
- STG354 – Building data-driven workflows with AWS DataSync
- STG404 – Architecting hybrid cloud media workflows
Two-hour, hands-on sessions where you work in teams to solve problems using AWS. Workshops organize attendees into small groups and provide scenarios to encourage interaction, giving you the opportunity to learn from and teach each other. Each workshop starts with a 10–15-minute lecture by the main speaker, and the rest of the time is spent working as a group. Come prepared with your laptop and willingness to learn! AWS will provide credits.
- STG313 – Hybrid architectures for database backups & file migrations
- STG316 – Best practices for data migration at scale
- STG327 – Set up a disaster-recovery project with CloudEndure Disaster Recovery
- STG328 – Build a simple trade-reconciliation platform with AWS services
60-minute small group sessions with up to six customers and one AWS expert, who is there to help, answer questions, and provide guidance. You will use your laptop to experiment and build with the AWS expert after a short demonstration.
- STG206-R [REPEAT] – Stop managing SFTP servers today, [REPEAT 1]
- STG223-R [REPEAT] – Get your hands on a Snowball (Edge), [REPEAT 1]
- STG224-R [REPEAT] – Getting started with AWS DataSync, [REPEAT 1], [REPEAT 2]
- STG225-R [REPEAT] – Getting started with hybrid file storage using File Gateway, [REPEAT 1], [REPEAT 2]
- STG226-R [REPEAT] – Hands-on with hybrid block storage using a volume gateway, [REPEAT 1]
- STG231-R [REPEAT] – “Lift and shift” your tape-based backup workflows to AWS, [REPEAT 1], [REPEAT 2], [REPEAT 3]
Make the most of your time
Keep your nights free and don’t miss out on peculiar activities you can take advantage of at re:Invent beyond attending sessions. And don’t forget to spend time meeting and networking with your account team, AWS experts, and peers!
We look forward to seeing you in a few days at re:Invent!