More options for military families
The AWS Military team understands the challenges of finding a fulfilling career that fits the active-duty and post-service lifestyle. We created three programs to make it easier to connect active duty, veterans, and military spouses with great opportunities and training in the tech industry, whatever their prior experience may be.
AWS Military Programs
This program provides technical training to enable transitioning military, veterans, and military spouses to meet the Amazon technical hiring bar. These apprenticeships include Data Center Technician, Cloud Support Associate, ADC Analyst, Software Development Engineer, and other roles.
- Paid apprenticeships, including benefits
- 12-18 weeks of instructor-led training, then up to a year of on-the-job training
- Participants are eligible to use G.I. Bill
- Participants have a 90% placement rate upon program completion
Student veterans and spouses can explore our peculiar culture and a career in tech through our college internships. Eligible participants include recent graduates with less than one year of experience, or current students or spouses enrolled in an accredited degree program including Bachelor's, Master's, PhD, and Associate.
- Internships range 8-12 weeks in length
- Opportunity to assess mutual fit on the AWS team
- Full-time employment opportunities for new graduates
This corporate fellowship program, launched in partnership with Hiring our Heroes (HoH) and the Department of Defense (DoD), provides service members and military spouses with management training and hands-on experience at AWS.
- Transitioning service members participate in their fellowship during their final 180 days of active duty service
- Military spouses participate in the 100% remote HoH Military Spouse Fellowship Program receiving professional training, networking, and direct AWS experience
- Participants have a 90% placement rate post-fellowship
We work on a lot of really cool projects. We hire talented people and give them the tools and support to create meaningful real-world impact. We work with the military community to help proven performers gain the technical skills to develop a successful career at AWS. We offer a vital internal network of veterans and supporters through our Amazon Warriors affinity group, which offers career development and social programs to help veterans and family members succeed.
The AWS Military team is committed creating opportunities and training in the tech industry for the military community. In 2016, Jeff Bezos publicly committed to hiring 25,000 veterans. We’ve since raised our goal to hiring 100,000 veterans and spouses by 2024. We’ve also provided training and a path to AWS certification to more than 10,000 active duty service members, military veterans, and spouses through AWS Educate.