AWS Certified Developer - Associate
Validate your technical skills and expertise with an industry-recognized credential and grow your career.
The AWS Certified Developer - Associate examination is intended for individuals who perform a development role and have one or more years of hands-on experience developing and maintaining an AWS-based application.
Abilities Validated by the Certification
- Demonstrate an understanding of core AWS services, uses, and basic AWS architecture best practices
- Demonstrate proficiency in developing, deploying, and debugging cloud-based applications using AWS
Recommended Knowledge and Experience
- In-depth knowledge of at least one high-level programming language
- Understanding of core AWS services, uses, and basic AWS architecture best practices
- Proficiency in developing, deploying, and debugging cloud-based applications using AWS
- Ability to use the AWS service APIs, AWS CLI, and SDKs to write applications
- Ability to identify key features of AWS services
- Understanding of the AWS shared responsibility model
- Understanding of application lifecycle management
- Ability to use a CI/CD pipeline to deploy applications on AWS
- Ability to use or interact with AWS services
- Ability to apply a basic understanding of cloud-native applications to write code
- Ability to write code using AWS security best practices (e.g., not using secret and access keys in the code, instead using IAM roles)
- Ability to author, maintain, and debug code modules on AWS
- Proficiency writing code for serverless applications
- Understanding of the use of containers in the development process
Prepare for Your Exam
There is no better preparation than hands-on experience. There are many relevant AWS Training courses and other resources to assist you with acquiring additional knowledge and skills to prepare for certification. Please review the exam guide for information about the competencies assessed on the certification exam.