Splunk for Financial Services on AWS
Connected by a sophisticated network of electronic systems, retail banks, investment banks and insurance companies generate terabytes of machine data every day from high-volume activities like trading, payment or claims processing and multi-channel banking. Splunk software collects and analyzes any type of machine-generated data, including data from legacy banking systems and state-of-the-art mobile applications, so financial institutions can gain visibility across complex, global operations.
Splunk is an AWS Big Data, DevOps, Security, and IoT Competency Partner.
Splunk’s real-time architecture, ability to apply schema to unstructured data upon ingest, fast-time to value, and ability to scale from desktop to the most complex data centers or cloud environments differentiates Splunk to our 15,000+ customers. These differentiators lead to real business impact - saving customers time when resolving an issue and improving user experience, yielding cost savings and greater productivity - so the customer can focus on innovating, rather than keeping the lights on.
- Use machine data for operational insights and analytics
- Reduce IT costs and complexity
- Improve and maximize employee productivity
- Identify and fix service problems for a better user experience
- Gain end-to-end insights critical to the business
- Reduce mean-time-to-resolution (MTTR) from a few days to a few minutes
- Proactively alert and notify for rapid problem detection and resolution
- Index any form of machine data and analyze application and system performance
- Gain insights on end-user transactions from multiple points of view
- Empower stakeholders to gain insights and make better business and technology decisions
- Deliver end-to-end visibility across every DevOps tool chain component
- Use objective metrics to ensure code is operational and meets quality SLAs
- Correlate business metrics with code changes to gain new business insights
- Help break down siloes between different banking IT departments
- Manage complex IT infrastructure, including legacy systems and applications
- Establish performance baseline and uncover critical problems
- Increase customer satisfaction with reliable performance
- End-to-end visibility across AWS environment
- Move critical workloads to the cloud with agility and speed
Security and Fraud Detection
- Gain insights that mitigate risk and support range of security use cases
- Identify and investigate anomalies in user behavior and patterns to detect account takeover and fraud
- Monitor the security, access, inventory and configuration of AWS environment
- Index and monitor to comply with local, state, federal and international regulations, including Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), GLBA and PCI
- Rapidly retrieve log data and generate reports for auditor requests
- Improve log review controls to help lower operational and security risks
- Leverage AWS capabilities to more rapidly uncover compliance violations, outliers, and anomalies in real-time to better ensure regulatory compliance
- Understand how customers are using features and services on different channels
- Proactively discover and resolve issues to increase customer satisfaction
- Get visibility from data generated across millions of events to find, troubleshoot, and fix issues fast
- View AWS utilization metrics, visualize AWS environment, and uncover business insights and improve customer experience quickly and reliably
- Gain end-to-end visibility by analyzing data from every application and system that a transaction touches
- Identify transaction bottlenecks or error locations to rapidly address performance issues
- Leverage predictive analytics to gain real-time visibility into transactions and services
AWS Big Data Competency Partners deliver security monitoring, IT Monitoring, and DevOps implementations. These partners integrate relevant AWS services and accelerate the ramp-up of new users. This solution was developed in collaboration with Splunk, an AWS Partner with 6 competencies including Security and Big Data.
You can launch Splunk on AWS by utilizing a AWS Quick Start. AWS CloudFormation templates make deployment quick and simple—and templates can be customized to meet your specific requirements.
Splunk is available on AWS Marketplace. For more information click on the link below the image.