What does this AWS Solution do?
The Scale-Out Computing on AWS solution helps customers deploy and operate a multiuser environment for computationally intensive workflows, such as computer-aided engineering (CAE). The solution features a large selection of compute resources, a fast network backbone, unlimited storage, and budget and cost management directly integrated within AWS.
Pre- and post-processing in the cloud
Custom code and automation
AWS Solution overview
The diagram below presents the architecture you can automatically deploy using the solution's implementation guide and accompanying AWS CloudFormation template.
Scale-Out Computing on AWS architecture
The CloudFormation template deploys the following architecture consisting of eight components:
1. Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling to automatically provision the resources necessary to run cluster user tasks such as scale-out compute jobs.
2. This solution also deploys Amazon Elastic File System (Amazon EFS) for persistent storage, Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) for persistent logs, and optional parallel file system Amazon FSx for Lustre.
3. At its core, the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) instance implements a scheduler, which dynamically provisions AWS resources required for jobs submitted by users. The scheduler instance also hosts web interface which allows users and administrators to interact with the environment.
4. Launch a 2D or 3D Workstation that uses NICE Desktop Cloud Visualization (DCV), that can be used to submit batch jobs and run GUI tools.
7. An Amazon OpenSearch Service cluster to store job and host information.
Note: To subscribe to RSS updates, you must have an RSS plug-in enabled for the browser you are using.
Browse our library of AWS Solutions Implementations to get answers to common architectural problems.
Find AWS certified consulting and technology partners to help you get started.
Browse our portfolio of Consulting Offers to get AWS-vetted help with solution deployment.