Posted On: Feb 23, 2017
AWS Directory Service for Microsoft Active Directory (Enterprise Edition), known as AWS Microsoft AD, is now available in the EU (London) Region.
AWS Microsoft AD enables your Active Directory-aware workloads and AWS resources to use managed Active Directory in the AWS Cloud. AWS Microsoft AD is built on actual Microsoft Active Directory and does not require you to synchronize or replicate data from your existing Active Directory to the cloud.
With AWS Microsoft AD, you can:
- Easily migrate Active Directory–aware applications and workloads to the AWS Cloud.
- Share a single directory for all your Amazon EC2 instances, Amazon RDS for SQL Server, Amazon QuickSight, and AWS Enterprise IT Applications such as Amazon WorkSpaces.
- Use Active Directory group policies to manage EC2 instances.
- Use resource domains with trusts to run your Active Directory–aware applications in an Amazon Virtual Private Cloud.
- Authenticate users in your on-premises Active Directory domain, including authentication for QuickSight and Amazon RDS for SQL Server without synchronizing directories or migrating user identities to the cloud.
With this launch, Directory Service is now available in the US East (N. Virginia), US East (Ohio), US West (Oregon), EU (Ireland), EU (Frankfurt), EU (London), Asia Pacific (Seoul), Asia Pacific (Singapore), Asia Pacific (Sydney), and Asia Pacific (Tokyo) Regions.