Posted On: Oct 16, 2018
19 new AWS Public Datasets are now available for researchers and developers interested in life sciences, environmental science, machine learning, multimedia, civic tech, and cyber security.
- Tabula Muris from the Chan Zuckerberg Biohub
- Cell Painting Image Collection, GATK Test Data, and Broad Genome References from the Broad Institute
- Image classification, image localization, natural language processing, and COCO datasets from fast.ai
- KITTI Vision Benchmark Suite from the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- DWD ICON Global, DWD ICON-EU, and DWD COSMO-D2 weather models from Deutscher Wetterdienst (German National Meteorological Service)
- NOAA Global Ensemble Forecast System provided through the NOAA Big Data Project
- NOAA Operational Forecast System provided through the NOAA Big Data Project
- Downscaled Climate Data for Alaska from the International Arctic Research Center, University of Alaska
- IChangeMyCity Complaints Data from the Janaagraha Centre for Citizenship and Democracy
- Forward DNS ANY Dataset from Rapid7
- A Realistic Cyber Defense Dataset from Canada's Communications Security Establishment and the Canadian Institute for Cybersecurity
- Xiph.Org Test Media from Xiph.Org
The AWS Public Dataset Program covers the cost of storage for publicly available high-value cloud-optimized datasets. We work with data providers who seek to:
- Democratize access to data by making it available for analysis on AWS.
- Develop new cloud-native techniques, formats, and tools that lower the cost of working with data.
- Encourage the development of communities that benefit from access to shared datasets.
Learn how to propose your dataset to the AWS Public Dataset Program.