Provides a conceptual overview of Amazon DynamoDB and includes detailed development instructions for using the various features.
Describes all the API operations for Amazon DynamoDB in detail. Also provides sample requests, responses, and errors for the supported web services protocols.
DynamoDB in the news
- Five tips to ease your AWS data migration effort
- DB-Engines.com ranks DynamoDB the third fastest climbing database of the month
- Upwork names DynamoDB the third hottest skill for freelancers to know
- Verizon's Oath doubles down on AWS
- VICE Tech's first open-source project: Dynaflow, a NodeJS driver for DynamoDB
- AWS AppSync Including New GraphQL Features Is Now Generally Available
- Native, third-party tools boost interoperability in cloud
Whitepapers and slides
- Achieving Cloud-Based Digital Transformation: Customer Successes with Amazon DynamoDB. Read the IDC whitepaper »
- DynamoDB Design Patterns and Best Practices. See the slides »
- Build a Location-Aware Recommendation Engine with DynamoDB. See the slides »
- Event-Driven Programming with Amazon DynamoDB Streams and AWS Lambda. See the slides »
"Build with DynamoDB" on Twitch.tv/aws
Join DynamoDB experts for a new live video series dedicated to building data solutions. Come with questions—whether you’re new to DynamoDB or an expert looking to ask deep technical questions.
May 7, 12:00 PM Pacific Time
Scaling Up with DynamoDB
Join cohosts Nick and Randall for Database Deep Dive, a live video series that helps to make sense of everything in the world of databases.
May 14, 11:00 AM Pacific Time
Intro to NoSQL Data Modeling with DynamoDB, Part 1
In this episode, we cover basic data modeling concepts for NoSQL and DynamoDB. We model a shopping cart to demonstrate the process of design.
May 28, 11:00 AM Pacific Time
Intro to NoSQL Data Modeling with DynamoDB, Part 2
Learn to use sort keys to model hierarchies, best practices to manage many-to-many relationships, and write sharding to evenly distribute your workload.
June 11, 11:00 AM Pacific Time
Advanced NoSQL Data Modeling with Amazon DynamoDB
Learn how to model relational data, entities, and relationships in DynamoDB to satisfy various access patterns, and how to make the most of global secondary indexes in DynamoDB.
June 18, 11:00 AM Pacific Time
Deep Dive: A Real-World, Data-Modeling Use Case
Join DynamoDB experts as they take a relational data model from a real-world use case and demonstrate how to implement it step by step in DynamoDB. Bring your questions!
July 9, 11:00 AM Pacific Time
Migrating to Amazon DynamoDB from Cassandra
Learn why and how to migrate to DynamoDB from Cassandra. DynamoDB experts show how to plan and carry out such a migration. Questions are answered in real time.
July 23, 11:00 AM Pacific Time
Implementing an Inventory and Orders Management Data Model
Learn about implementing a data model for an inventory and order management use case with about a dozen access patterns.
August 6, 11:00 AM Pacific Time
DynamoDB Use Cases in Different Industries
In this episode, you learn how customers use DynamoDB in industries such as gaming, retail and ecommerce, ad tech, and social media.
August 20, 11:00 AM Pacific Time
Transactions in Amazon DynamoDB
Learn about DynamoDB transactions: what they are, how and why to use them, and when they can help you address specific use cases.
September 10, 11:00 AM Pacific Time
When Should I Use Amazon DynamoDB and When Amazon DocumentDB?
Join Amazon DocumentDB and DynamoDB experts to learn about the purpose of each service, the use cases that each is best suited for, and when you should use one instead of the other.
October 1, 11:00 AM Pacific Time
NoSQL Workbench for Amazon DynamoDB
Learn how to use the newly released (in preview) NoSQL Workbench for DynamoDB, a tool with a rich graphical user interface for data modeling, query development, and visualizing data in DynamoDB.