Provides a conceptual overview of Amazon DynamoDB and includes detailed development instructions for using the various features.
Describes all the API operations for Amazon DynamoDB in detail. Also provides sample requests, responses, and errors for the supported web services protocols.
Whitepapers and slides
- Achieving Cloud-Based Digital Transformation: Customer Successes with Amazon DynamoDB. Read the IDC whitepaper »
- DynamoDB Design Patterns and Best Practices. See the slides »
- Build a Location-Aware Recommendation Engine with DynamoDB. See the slides »
- Event-Driven Programming with Amazon DynamoDB Streams and AWS Lambda. See the slides »
"Build with DynamoDB" on Twitch.tv/aws
Join DynamoDB experts for a new live video series dedicated to building data solutions. Come with questions—whether you’re new to DynamoDB or an expert looking to ask deep technical questions.
Most recent episode:
January 30, 2020
Single-Table Design Pros and Cons
Rick Houlihan and Alex DeBrie discuss the pros and cons of DynamoDB single-table design and other best practices for designing your data models.
2019 (ordered newest to oldest):
- Estimating the Cost of Using Amazon DynamoDB (October 22)
- NoSQL Workbench for Amazon DynamoDB (October 1)
- When Should I Use Amazon DynamoDB and When Amazon DocumentDB? (September 10)
- Transactions in Amazon DynamoDB (August 20)
- DynamoDB Use Cases in Different Industries (August 6)
- Implementing an Inventory and Order Management Data Model (July 23)
Previous episodes (continued):
- Migrating to Amazon DynamoDB from Cassandra (July 9)
- Deep Dive: A Real-World, Data-Modeling Use Case (June 18)
- Advanced NoSQL Data Modeling with Amazon DynamoDB (June 11)
- Intro to NoSQL Data Modeling with DynamoDB, Part 2 (May 28)
- Intro to NoSQL Data Modeling with DynamoDB, Part 1 (May 14)
- Scaling Up with DynamoDB (May 7)