Build your cloud skills at AWS re:Invent 2022
Are you looking for ways to accelerate your cloud skills and make valuable new connections? The 11th annual AWS re:Invent conference is almost here, and we hope you’ll join us in Las Vegas from November 28 through December 2.
As always, the AWS Training and Certification team will be on hand to answer your questions, provide insider tips, and guide you throughout your re:Invent experience. No matter where you are in your cloud journey, you can choose from over 2,000 different sessions covering the latest technologies, strategies, and training.
re:Invent is always one of the best places for building your cloud skills and this year’s conference includes everything from interactive labs and bootcamps in live AWS environments to small-group Q&A sessions and lecture-style breakouts. And, even if you can’t be with us in Las Vegas, you can access a limited number of sessions virtually.
To sign up for re:Invent, visit the registration page. Keep reading to learn what new opportunities await you this year.
Hot new session: gain insights on migrating to the cloud
Everyone knows that migrating workloads to the cloud can save significant time, money, and resources. But if you’ve never actually experienced a migration—or just want the latest insights—join us for Prioritizing People: 4 Strategies that Make or Break Migration.
With 5 million cloud jobs unfilled globally and growing pressure to withstand economic disruptions, now is the time to invest in your team’s cloud skills. Start by learning from leaders who will share their strategies for building a skilled cloud workforce at scale:
- Sabina Joseph, Director of Strategic Industries, AWS Training and Certification
- Suren Pillay, CTO, Absa Group
- Rona Spiegel, Director of Cloud Governance and Operations, Cisco
Customize your own learning path at re:Invent
Now is the time to build your technical skills, gain practical experience, and learn by doing in immersive sessions. Achieve your goals through a wide range of learning opportunities, including:
- AWS Bootcamps: Reserve your spot in an expert-led bootcamp to get a technical deep dive.
- AWS Spotlight Labs: Get step-by-step guidance from an AWS instructor as you work through a real-world cloud scenario.
- Self-paced labs: Choose your own training topic and learn remotely anytime on your own.
- AWS Jams: Participate in teamwork-based challenges in a fun, gamified environment or join us in the AWS Jam Lounge to solve daily challenges and win prizes.
Reminder: Don’t forget about AWS Certification! All in-person attendees receive a 50% discount on any AWS Certification exam.
Take a technical deep dive with a bootcamp
Want a fast and easy—yet highly focused—way to expand your technical skills? Start with any of the nine AWS expert-led bootcamps. With instructors available to answer all your questions and offer advice in real time, these four- and eight-hour bootcamps feature hands on labs, and are available for an additional fee. And, if you’re preparing for your next AWS Certification exam, we have two certification exam prep bootcamps.
A limited number of seats are available for these popular sessions, so don’t miss out. Reserve your spot in a bootcamp for Monday and Tuesday, November 28 and 29.
Find a lab that’s right for you
When you want to get practical, hands-on experience with AWS services, it’s time to join a lab. AWS Spotlight Labs give you a chance to work with AWS experts on specific topics. Search for “Lab” in the re:Invent catalog to reserve your seat for specific topics and times.
We also offer self-paced labs—no prior registration is required (walk-ins welcome). You’ll follow step-by-step scenarios in a live sandbox environment with these options:
- Start a hands-on lab anytime during open hours (Monday through Thursday, November 28 to December 1 from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm and Friday, December 2 from 8:00 am – 11:00 am).
- Make new friends and relax at the after-hours lab with free pizza and beer (Wednesday, November 30 from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm).
Join an AWS Jam session
Want to have fun learning new cloud skills in a gamified environment? AWS Jam sessions give you practical, hands-on experience solving real-world scenarios in two different formats:
- Engage with peers in a team-focused challenge, or
- Test your problem-solving skills on your own
To join an AWS Jam session, search “AWS Jam” in the re:Invent catalog. To participate on your own, visit the AWS Jam Lounge Monday through Thursday (November 28 to December 1) in The Expo to solve daily challenges. Either way, you can try to move up the leaderboard to win fun prizes and exclusive swag!
Exclusive perks for AWS Certified attendees
If you’re already AWS Certified, re:Invent offers a variety of perks:
- Claim your AWS Certified swag when you check into the event
- Relax in the AWS Certification Lounge
- Celebrate with your peers at the AWS Certification Appreciation Reception
If you aren’t AWS Certified, re:Invent can help you get there faster. Save time with an exam prep bootcamp or a study session with experts who know the exam materials inside and out. And don’t forget that all in-person re:Invent attendees receive a voucher for 50% off any AWS Certification exam.
Can’t make it to Las Vegas? Join us virtually—for free.
Even if you can’t join us in Las Vegas this year, you can always register for the re:Invent virtual experience, which allows you to:
- View live keynotes and leadership sessions for free
- View a limited number of breakout sessions on demand
- Explore digital training, exam readiness, and many other resources
Already registered for re:Invent? Explore the re:Invent catalog to reserve your seat in a bootcamp, AWS Spotlight Lab, or other training sessions!