Deploy a Web App Using AWS App Runner
Follow step-by-step instructions to deploy a containerized web app using AWS App Runner
In this guide, you will learn how to deploy a containerized application with AWS App Runner.
AWS App Runner is a fully managed service that makes it easy for developers to quickly deploy containerized web applications and APIs, at scale and with no prior infrastructure experience required. Start with your source code or a container image. App Runner automatically builds and deploys the web application and load balances traffic with encryption. App Runner also scales up or down automatically to meet your traffic needs.
What you will accomplish
In this tutorial, you will:
- Use AWS CDK to create the infrastructure for your application
- Deploy the application to AWS App Runner
Before starting this tutorial, you will need:
- An AWS account: If you don't already have one, follow the Setting Up Your AWS Environment getting started guide for a quick overview.
- Please make sure that you have your AWS CDK properly configured. For more information on how to set up the AWS CDK, please refer to Get Started with AWS CDK.
Time to complete
Cost to complete
Less than $0.08 if completed in under an hour or $58.50 for the whole month.
- AWS account with administrator-level access*
- Recommended browser: The latest version of Chrome or Firefox
*Accounts created within the past 24 hours might not yet have access to the services required for this tutorial.
This tutorial is divided into the following short modules. You must complete each module before moving to the next one.
- Learn CDK and deploy the service (15 minutes): Deploying the container.
- Clean up (<5 minutes): In this last part of the tutorial, you learn how to clean up resources after you are done.