What does this AWS Solution do?
The Virtual Andon on AWS solution provides a scalable Andon system to help optimize processes, support the transition to predictive maintenance, and prevent future equipment issues. Administrators use a web interface to define their factory setup, site name, process type, event types for each process, and lists of workstations. This solution's workflow helps users monitor manufacturing workstations for an event, log the event, and then route the event to the correct engineer for resolution.
Flexible integration via APIs to critical work areas, devices, and AWS AI/ML services that automate the creation and monitoring of issues.
Configurable site hierarchy, events, root causes, and reporting to view and resolve issues across your factory.
Observer views and analytics pipeline to help you manage open issues and create custom dashboards for issues reporting.
AWS Solution overview
The diagram below presents the architecture you can automatically deploy using this solution's implementation guide and accompanying AWS CloudFormation template.
Virtual Andon on AWS architecture
The AWS CloudFormation template deploys the following infrastructure:
- An Amazon CloudFront web interface deploys into an Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) bucket configured for web hosting.
- An Amazon Cognito user pool allows the solution’s administrators to register users and groups using the web interface.
- AWS AppSync GraphQL APIs and AWS Amplify power the web interface. Amazon DynamoDB tables store the factory data.
- An AWS IoT rule engine helps users monitor manufacturing workstations or devices for events, and then routes the events to the correct engineer for resolution in real-time.
- Authorized users can interact with and receive notifications from this solution. An AWS Lambda function and Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS) send emails and SMS notifications.
- Issues created, acknowledged, and closed in the web interface are recorded and updated using AWS AppSync and DynamoDB.
- The AWS AppSync GraphQL APIs can be called directly with HTTP POST requests.
Note: To subscribe to RSS updates, you must have an RSS plug-in enabled for the browser you are using.
Browse our library of AWS Solutions to get answers to common architectural problems.
Find AWS Partners to help you get started.
Find prescriptive architectural diagrams, sample code, and technical content for common use cases.