Know Before You Go: An APN Partner’s Guide to AWS re:Invent 2018
Can you believe AWS re:Invent 2018 is just a few days away?
All of us at Amazon Web Services (AWS) and the AWS Partner Network (APN) are excited to meet and connect with APN Partners from around the globe at this year’s re:Invent.
To help you prepare, we’ve rounded up a number of things to check out while you are in Las Vegas for re:Invent, November 26-30.
AWS Global Partner Summit
Please join us for the Global Partner Summit at AWS re:Invent 2018, which provides APN Partners with opportunities to connect, collaborate, and discover. You’ll learn how to leverage AWS technologies to serve your customers, and how the APN program can help you build and grow your business.
This year, Global Partner Summit sessions will take place throughout the week (Monday through Thursday) across the entire re:Invent campus. The keynote will be held at the Venetian, while breakout sessions are at Aria, Bellagio, MGM Grand, Mirage, and the Venetian.
Global Partner Summit will include:
- Breakout sessions that feature business and technical topics tailored to your specific needs.
- Technical chalk talks to dive deep on key AWS technologies in a casual learning environment.
- Hands-on training from AWS experts to help grow technical expertise.
To attend Global Partner Summit, purchase a ticket to AWS re:Invent 2018, and then go into your registration to select Global Partner Summit sessions and other activities.
Global Partner Summit Keynote
Don’t miss the Global Partner Summit keynote, emceed by Terry Wise, Vice President of Global Alliances and Channels, to learn about cloud-powered innovation and the business opportunities it creates for APN Partners.
Terry’s keynote is Tuesday, November 27, at 8:30 a.m. in the Venetian, Level 2, Hall A.
If you’re working the Expo Hall on Tuesday morning and can’t make the keynote, we’ve got you covered. The Global Partner Summit keynote will be live streamed to the Expo Hall until doors open to the public.
Breakout Sessions, Chalk Talks, Workshops
There are lots of opportunities for APN Partners to attend Global Partner Summit sessions tailored to your specific needs. Reserved seating launched in October, and with our high registration numbers it’s important you reserve seats for breakout sessions. Spots fill up fast!
Register for these sessions at Global Partner Summit:
- How Peak.AI Uses Amazon SageMaker for Product Personalization (GPSTEC316)
- 9 Ways to Win Business and Earn Customer Trust (GPSBUS209)
- Maximize AWS Investment to Drive Profitability & Sustainable Growth (GPSBUS208)
- Using AWS Marketplace to Reach Over 190,000 Customers (GPSMP203)
- Maximize Innovation & Agility by Building Your SaaS Solution on AWS (GPSBUS213)
- The Intelligent Edge for IoT: Help Customers Harness the Power of Connected IoT Devices (GPSBUS202)
- Tapping into Key Enterprise Workloads: SAP, VMware & Microsoft on AWS (GPSBUS204)
Additional APN Partner Activities at AWS re:Invent
APN Partner Booth (#2547)
The APN booth is a great place to meet with AWS experts (including our new APN Ambassadors) and APN staff. Learn how to differentiate your offerings through the APN program, integrate solutions with AWS, leverage APN co-marketing opportunities, and more.
The APN booth will be located at the Sands Expo (booth #2547). We’ll be there all week, so stop by after Tuesday’s Global Partner Summit to learn more about all the new announcements.
Partner Marketing Meetings
Come meet with the AWS Partner Marketing Team in the Partner Marketing Briefing Center at The Venetian, Hall D, Meeting Room #200, to discuss the co-marketing programs we offer to APN Partners.
You’ll have the opportunity to learn about Partner Demand Generation programs, including APN Marketing Central, Integrated Partner Campaigns, and Digital Marketing Services. You can also meet the AWS Sponsorship team to learn how you can participate in AWS-led events and get in-person access to AWS customers and prospects.
Don’t miss the chance to meet AWS Field Partner Marketing Managers from Asia Pacific, Japan, China, and Latin America to kick start your conversation on the marketing benefits available in these regions.
If your organization needs additional certifications to qualify for the next APN Partner tier, or your staff wants to take that next step on their AWS Cloud Journey, we are offering onsite AWS Certification exams at re:Invent.
The AWS Certification Exam Testing Center is open throughout the week, and APN Partners can register in advance for one or more exams. Registrants will receive special benefits at the event, such as access to the AWS Certification Lounges and Appreciation Reception.
Earning an AWS Certification helps you demonstrate your deep technical skills and expertise to design, deploy, and operate applications and infrastructure on AWS.
Partner Bootcamps & Training
APN Partners can sign up for a bootcamp at re:Invent and learn how AWS solutions address customer business requirements. These bootcamps are offered exclusively to APN Partners.
Technical bootcamps are also offered to give APN Partners the opportunity to advance their cloud knowledge. Learn more about registering for APN Partner Bootcamps.
VMware Cloud on AWS
Visit the VMware booth (#2201) at re:Invent to learn more about VMware Cloud on AWS. Don’t miss our community challenge, keynotes, partner summit, hands-on labs, and break sessions like these related to VMware Cloud on AWS:
- Top Strategic Priorities You Can Tackle with VMware Cloud on AWS (ENT215-R)
- VMware Clound on AWS: Deep Dive (CMP305-R)
- Supercharge VMware Cloud on AWS Environments with Native AWS Services (CMP360-R)
We have created a guide that highlights all of the activities happening at re:Invent related to VMware Cloud on AWS.
Follow AWS and the APN on social media for all the latest updates about re:Invent 2018:
- Follow @awscloud on Twitter and use the hashtag #reInvent
- Follow @AWS_Partners on Twitter for re:Invent info exclusively for APN Partners!
- Join the APN Global Community Group on LinkedIn
- Subscribe to the APN YouTube channel
- Join the APN email interest list for timely updates about APN news and events
We’ll see you there!