AWS Architecture Blog
AWS Architecture Monthly Magazine: Robotics
September’s issue of AWS Architecture Monthly issue is all about robotics. Discover why iRobot, the creator of your favorite (though maybe not your pet’s favorite) little robot vacuum, decided to move its mission-critical platform to the serverless architecture of AWS. Learn how and why you sometimes need to test in a virtual environment instead of a physical one. You’ll also have the opportunity to hear from technical experts from across the robotics industry who came together for the AWS Cloud Robotics Summit in August.
Our expert this month, Matt Hansen (who has dreamed of building robots since he was a teen), gives us his outlook for the industry and explains why cloud will be an essential part of that.
In September’s Robotics issue
- Ask an Expert: Matt Hansen, Principle Solutions Architect
- Blog: Testing a PR2 Robot in a Simulated Hospital
- Case Study: iRobot
- Blog: Introduction to Automatic Testing of Robotics Applications
- Case Study: Multiply Labs Uses AWS RoboMaker to Manufacture Individualized Medicines
- Demos & Videos: AWS Cloud Robotics Summit (August 18-19, 2020)
- Related Videos: iRobot and ZS Associates
This month, we’re also asking you to take a 10-question survey about your experiences with this magazine. The survey is hosted by an external company (Qualtrics), so the below survey button doesn’t lead to our website. Please note that AWS will own the data gathered from this survey, and we will not share the results we collect with survey respondents. Your responses to this survey will be subject to Amazon’s Privacy Notice. Please take a few moments to give us your opinions.
How to access the magazine
- Readers in the US, UK, Germany, and France can subscribe to the Kindle version of the magazine at Kindle Newsstand.
- View and download past issues as PDFs on the AWS Architecture Monthly webpage.
- Visit Flipboard, a personalized mobile magazine app that you can also read on your computer.
We hope you’re enjoying Architecture Monthly, and we’d like to hear from you—leave us star rating and comment on the Amazon Kindle Newsstand page or contact us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.