Announcing the new AWS Certified Security – Specialty exam
Good news for cloud security experts: the AWS Certified Security — Specialty exam is here. This new exam allows experienced cloud security professionals to demonstrate and validate their knowledge of how to secure the AWS platform.
About the exam
The security exam covers incident response, logging and monitoring, infrastructure security, identity and access management, and data protection. The exam is open to anyone who currently holds a Cloud Practitioner or Associate-level certification. We recommend candidates have five years of IT security experience designing and implementing security solutions, and at least two years of hands-on experience securing AWS workloads.
The exam validates your understanding of:
- Specialized data classifications and AWS data protection mechanisms
- Data encryption methods and AWS mechanisms to implement them
- Secure Internet protocols and AWS mechanisms to implement them
- AWS security services and features of services to provide a secure production environment
- Making tradeoff decisions with regard to cost, security, and deployment complexity given a set of application requirements
- Security operations and risk
How to prepare
We have training and other resources to help you prepare for the exam.
AWS Training that includes:
- Advanced Architecting on AWS classroom training
- Security Operations on AWS classroom training
- AWS Digital Training focused on security services and topics, such as:
Want more AWS Security news? Follow us on Twitter.