The Authority to Operate (ATO) on AWS Program helps AWS Partners meet their customers’ authorization needs, whether it be architecting, configuring, deploying, or integrating tools and controls. AWS supports businesses globally that need to meet security, privacy, and compliance requirements for healthcare, privacy, national security, and financial sectors. ATO on AWS supports workloads for government organizations such as FedRAMP, FISMA, the RMF, and CMMC in the U.S., GDPR for EU/UK-based workloads and other regions, Government of Canada Protected B, Information Security Registered Assessors Program (IRAP) in Australia, the ISO 27000-series international standards, and more.
Direct engagement with AWS teams
Engage in one-on-one sessions with AWS Security Strategists and Solution Architects to receive guidance from planning to authorization stage.
Leverage trainings, pre-built templates, and repeatable tools to simplify and accelerate your development time.
Increase visibility with customers
Earn an AWS Partner badge with ATO on AWS designation to promote your business. Gain listing in AWS Partner Solutions Finder, develop case studies with AWS, participate in go-to-market activities such as events, workshop, and more.
Step 1: Join the AWS Partner Network
Step 2: Enroll in AWS Partner Path(s)
Upon joining the APN, enroll in the Path(s) based on your customer offerings:
- For organizations that develop software that runs on or is integrated with AWS, enroll in the Software Path and meet the minimum validation criteria i.e. successfully complete the AWS Foundational Technical Review (FTR). Learn more about AWS FTR »
- For organizations that leverage AWS to deliver consulting, professional, managed, and resale services, enroll in the Services Path and meet the minimum validation criteria i.e. achieve AWS Partner Select Tier. Learn more about AWS Partner Tier requirements »
Step 3: Meet program requirements
- AWS Partners must meet the requirements listed in the ATO on AWS Program checklist to apply for the program.
Step 4: Apply
- Upon meeting the program requirements, you can apply to the ATO to AWS Program within Partner Central.
- Once approved to join the program, you will be assigned a Security Partner strategist to seek guidance on your specific business needs. You can immediately take advantage of AWS Partner benefits, including your AWS Partner badge with ATO on AWS designation, funding, marketing resources, and more.