Opt in to Wavelength Zones
Before you specify a Wavelength Zone for a resource or service, you must opt in to the zone.
To opt in to Wavelength Zones using the console
- Open the Amazon EC2 console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/ec2/.
- Use the Region selector in the navigation bar and select the Region which supports your Wavelength Zone.
- On the navigation pane, choose EC2 Dashboard.
- Under Account Attributes, Settings, choose Zones.
- Under Zone Groups, turn on the Wavelength Zones by clicking the “Manage” button.
- In the Enable confirmation dialog box, enter Enable, and then choose OK.
Configure your network
After you opt-in to the Wavelength Zone, create a VPC, a subnet in the Wavelength Zone, and then configure your subnet routing.
- Create a VPC
- Create a carrier gateway so you can connect resources in the VPC to the telecommunication carrier network.
- Create a route table by using the Amazon VPC console and choosing Route Tables in the navigation pane.
- Add a route to send traffic to the telecommunication carrier
- Associate the route table with the subnet so that traffic routes to the telecommunications carrier.
- Create a public subnet in an Availability Zone.
Launch an instance in your Availability Zone public subnet
Launch an EC2 instance in the subnet that you created in the Availability Zone. For information about how to launch an instance in the Amazon EC2 console, see one of the following guides:
Launch an EC2 Instance for your Wavelength application
After you complete the networking configuration, launch an instance, and then allocate a carrier IP address for the instance.
- Step 1: Launch an instance in the Wavelength Zone subnet
- Step 2: Allocate and associate a carrier IP address with the instance in the Wavelength Zone subnet
Test the connectivity
Test the connectivity from the instance in your AWS Region to the Wavelength Zone instance.