AWS Partner Network (APN) Blog
Register for the New AWS Certified Developer – Associate Beta Exam
The AWS Training and Certification team is hosting a beta for an updated version of our AWS Certified Developer – Associate exam. This beta reflects current Amazon Web Services (AWS) features, services, and best practices.
You may take the beta exam through March 16. Space is limited and registration will close when capacity is reached.
We are offering the beta exam for $75 USD—a 50 percent discount off the cost of the standard Developer exam.
Beta exam results are typically available 90 days (13 weeks) or less from the close of the beta exam. Individuals who pass the beta exam are eligible to receive a voucher to take the AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional exam at 50 percent off.
About the Beta Exam
We recommend candidates have one or more years of hands-on experience designing and maintaining AWS-based applications.
The beta exam validates an examinee’s ability to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of core AWS services, uses, and basic AWS architecture best practices.
- Demonstrate proficiency in developing, deploying, and debugging cloud-based applications using AWS.
Recommended AWS knowledge:
- In-depth knowledge of at least one high-level programming language
- Ability to use the AWS service APIs, AWS Command Line Interface (CLI), and software developer kits (SDKs) to write applications
- Ability to identify key features of AWS services
- Understanding of the AWS shared responsibility model
- Understanding of application lifecycle management
See our beta exam website for more details >>
Beta Exam Preparation
These training courses and materials may be helpful for examination preparation:
- Developing on AWS – classroom training
- AWS Security Best Practices – August 2016
- AWS Well-Architected Framework – November 2017
- Architecting for the Cloud: AWS Best Practices – February 2016
- Accelerating Software Delivery with DevOps – June 2017
- Microservices on AWS – September 2017
- Blue/Green Deployments on AWS – August 2016
If you are interested in helping test out the new version of the exam, potentially getting certified, and saving some money, learn more about the beta exam and register.
Please contact us if you have questions the beta exam.