AWS Direct Connect – Now Available in Four Additional Locations
AWS Direct Connect lets you create a dedicated network connection between your office, data center, or colocation facility to an AWS Region. You might want to do this for privacy, to reduce your network costs, or to get a more consistent network experience than is possible across the Internet.
Today we are making Direct Connect available in four more locations. Here’s the complete list of Regions and the associated data centers:
- US East (Northern Virginia): Equinix Northern Virginia.
- US West (Northern California): Equinix San Jose, Coresite One Wilshire Los Angeles (New).
- EU West (Ireland): TelecityGroup Docklands, London (New)..
- Asia Pacific (Singapore): Equinix Singapore – (New).
- Asia Pacific (Tokyo): Equinix Tokyo – (New).
Two of the locations listed above are not in the same city as the associated AWS Region. These locations provide you with additional flexibility when connecting to AWS from those cities.
You can initiate the Direct Connect provisioning process by simply filling out a form: