AWS Webinars for January, 2016
Did you resolve to learn something new in 2016? If so, you should attend an AWS webinar!
Each month, we run a series of webinars that are designed to bring you up to speed on the latest AWS services & features, and to make sure that you are aware of the best ways to put them to use. The webinars are conducted by senior AWS Product Managers and Solution Architects and often include a guest speaker from our customer base.
The webinars are free but “seating” is limited and you should definitely sign up ahead of time if you want to attend (all times are Pacific). Here’s what we have in store this month:
Tuesday, January 26
There are several different ways to deploy your applications on AWS including AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS CodeDeploy, and Amazon EC2 Container Service. This webinar will help you to understand the strengths of each service and provide you with a framework to help you to decide which one to use.
- Webinar: Introduction to Deploying Applications on AWS (9 – 10 AM).
AWS IoT is a managed cloud platform that lets connected devices interact with cloud applications and other devices. This webinar will show you how constrained devices can send data to the cloud and receive commands back to the device.
- Webinar: Getting Started with AWS IoT (10:30 – 11:30 AM).
- Blog Post: AWS IoT – Cloud Services for Connected Devices.
AWS provides many options and tools that are a great fit for your big data needs. This webinar will provide you with an overview of the options including Hadoop, Spark, and NoSQL databases.
- Webinar: Getting Started with Big Data on AWS (Noon – 1 PM).
- Blog Post: Amazon EMR Update – Apache Spark 1.5.2, Ganglia, Presto, Zeppelin, and Oozie.
Wednesday, January 27
Amazon Aurora is a fast and cost-effective relational database designed to be compatible with MySQL.
- Webinar: Amazon Aurora for Enterprise Database Applications (9 – 10 AM).
- Blog Post: Amazon Aurora – New Cost-Effective MySQL-Compatible Database Engine for Amazon RDS.
Do you have existing data that you want to bring to the cloud? Our data migration webinar will review the options and help you to choose the one that fits your use case:
- Webinar: Cloud Data Migration: 6 Strategies for Getting Data into AWS (10:30 – 11:30 AM).
- Blog Post: AWS Import/Export Snowball – Transfer 1 Petabyte Per Week Using Amazon-Owned Storage Appliances.
Many developers are using containers to simplify the packaging, deployment, and operation of their applications. This webinar will show you how to use Amazon EC2 Container Service to simplify the use of Docker in production.
- Webinar: Introduction to Docker on AWS (Noon – 1:00 PM).
- Blog Post: Amazon EC2 Container Service (ECS) – Container Management for the AWS Cloud.
Thursday, January 28
Machine Learning helps you to extract value from data. This webinar will show you how to build machine learning models and use them to make predictions.
- Webinar: Building Smart Applications with Amazon Machine Learning (9 – 10 AM).
- Blog Post: Amazon Machine Learning – Make Data-Driven Decisions at Scale.
- Webinar: Build IoT Backends with AWS IoT & AWS Lambda (10:30 – 11:30 AM).
- Blog Posts: AWS Lambda – Run Code in the Cloud and AWS IoT – Cloud Services for Connected Devices.
The phrase “infrastructure as code” has become increasingly popular over the last couple of years. This webinar will show you how do implement this new practice using AWS:
- Webinar: Managing your Infrastructure as Code (Noon – 1 PM).
- Blog Post: New AWS Tools for Code Management and Deployment.