Manufacturing and Industrial at re:Invent 2021
Join us at AWS re:Invent 2021
Celebrating its 10th year, AWS re:Invent 2021 is gearing up to deliver a week of inspiring content, educational workshops and bootcamps, cool demos, and plenty of peer-to-peer networking opportunities. This year’s conference will take place in Las Vegas, NV from November 29th through December 3rd, and will have an engaging virtual component for those who cannot join us in person.
AWS re:Invent 2021 will offer hundreds of sessions, with more than 50 sessions applicable to industrial customers. You’ll learn how AWS experts and breakthrough leaders across manufacturing, automotive, power & utilities, and energy industries are using cloud technology to digitize, monitor, and optimize their industrial operations. If you are an industrial company, and are looking to participate in re:Invent 2021, be sure to do the following:
- Visit the re:Invent website for everything you need to know about re:Invent
- Register for re:Invent to attend in person or virtually
- Review the Manufacturing and Industrial Attendee Guide 2021 for information on the industrial applicable sessions, workshops, resources, and networking events to help you plan your agenda
- When you are in Las Vegas, drop by the southwest corner of the Caesars Forum to network with your peers and meet AWS technical and industry experts
Come visit the “AWS for Industrial” demo area (Look for the overhead sign) in the AWS Village located in The Expo at the Venetian to see how AWS and our Partners can help accelerate engineering design, and optimize operations. Talk with an expert to see how these demos highlight how AWS helps industrial customers transform their business with the most comprehensive set of cloud services and solutions, an extensive partner network, and the highest standards for privacy and data security. We will have an AWS Partner Solutions Demo Wall to showcase our Edge to Outcome partners via screen/video demos and the supporting hardware for each. re:Invent sponsors have solutions in the AWS IoT Solution Repository, including Accenture, ATOS, Deloitte, Hitachi Vantara, Intel, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, Trek10, and Wipro. We will showcase the hardware to give attendees the ability to touch and feel the equipment that supports our partner solutions (and our AWS IoT services). Additional demo stations in the space cover these topics:
1. Unlock Industrial Data with IoT
2. Improve Uptime with Predictive Maintenance
3. Automate Quality Inspection
4. Speed Engineering Innovation in the Cloud
5. Enable Multi-Robot Task Orchestration
6. Transform Operations
7. Optimize Operations with Computer Vision at the Edge
8. Simulate Robot Delivery
AWS for Manufacturing and Industrial Sessions
Following is a sampling of sessions applicable to AWS manufacturing customers. You can find a complete list of content in the Manufacturing and Industrial re:Invent Attendee Guide 2021 relevant to all industrial customers, including additional sessions from other relevant industries, AWS partners and customers, as well deep dives and chalk talks on a range of topics – data lakes, engineering and design, IoT, machine learning, and much more.
Breakout Sessions: Breakout Sessions are 60 minute lecture format, using a PowerPoint presentation. Sometimes Q&A time is allotted for the audience at the end. These sessions take place across the re:Invent campus and cover topics at all levels. For our virtual attendees, breakout sessions will be available on-demand.
- MFG202 – Industry 4.0 transformation with AWS for Industrial featuring Koch Ag & Energy Solutions
- MFG203 – AWS innovation within Amazon featuring Amazon Fulfillment
- MFG204 – Transforming engineering and design from Silicon to the street featuring Arm
Chalk Talks: Chalk talks are 60-minute white boarding sessions with AWS experts and sometimes customer speakers. Rather than relying heavily on Powerpoint, the speaker(s) introduces a topic/problem for 10-15 minutes, then opens up the floor for Q&A and discussion with the attendees for the remaining 45-50 minutes.
- MFG201 – Industrial OT security best practices at Amazon, featuring Amazon Fulfillment
- MFG301 – A practical guide to building an industrial data lake on AWS
- MFG302 – Modernizing MES in the cloud
- MFG304 – Building Arm’s cloud-native engineering platform
- MFG305 – Modern approach to CAE and CAD in the cloud
Workshops: Workshops are two-hour deep dives, where attendees work in teams to solve problems and/or build something on AWS. The speaker presents a challenge or project, and the attendees, working in groups, come up with the solution or build that project. Rather than being set up theater-style, the rooms are set up in rounds or tables – conducive to teamwork. There are additional proctors who float throughout the room, answering questions and giving assistance. These workshops are highly interactive.
- MFG303 – Industrial condition monitoring and automated quality inspection
Builders Sessions: Builders’ Sessions are 60-minutes and are held in a smaller groups. One AWS expert leads a small customer group in building and creating on AWS. This session combines the benefits of a workshop with a smaller group setting.
- MFG205 – Industrial IoT basics: Connecting a PLC to the cloud
AWS for Industrial Lounge
The AWS for Industrial Networking Lounge is for industry attendees to meet with AWS experts, ask questions, dive into specific topic areas, informally network, and relax with peers. We also will have a small “smart factory” demo area for 1:1 meetings with our industry experts. Use this Industrial Lounge space to grab a drink and snack, connect with industry colleagues at the event, and meet AWS experts for specific questions.
The Industrial networking lounge is in the Southwest corner of the Caesars Forum, and will be open Monday through Friday.
Monday Nov 29th : 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Tuesday Nov 30th : 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Wednesday Dec 1st : 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Thursday Dec 2nd : 10:00 am – 5:30 pm
Friday Dec 3rd : 8:00 am – 11:00 am
See you soon in Las Vegas!
To learn more about how AWS is helping industrial customers with their digital transformation visit, https://aws.amazon.com/industrial/