Here’s where you’ll find the cloud at EDUCAUSE
EDUCAUSE is almost here! Discover how cloud-based virtual desktops and application streaming increase access to learning and how moving your database to the cloud helps boost flexibility, agility, and cost effectiveness. Throughout the event, we will also be sharing examples of how to personalize and increase access to learning with machine learning and voice technology. One example is the CDW offering for Higher Education, using Alexa for Business.
The CDW offering for Higher Education, using Alexa for Business
The CDW offering for Higher Education, using Alexa for Business gives universities a platform to harness students’ existing skills and create new ones, drawing on key information from the institution’s websites, from leading student information and learning management systems, and from many other sources.
Now universities can deliver information to their students quickly — and students will gain right-now access to the resources and programs they need.
Stop by the AWS kiosk in CDW’s booth #1113 to learn more.
Mark your calendars
To learn more about how higher education institutions and EdTechs are leveraging AWS, stop by the AWS booth #400 to experience hands-on demos and talk with our solutions architects. You can also hear straight from AWS users, see innovative tech and network with cloud experts at the following sessions and events:
- Voice-Enabled Technologies: Is Higher Education Ready? Join leaders from Arizona State University, Instructure, and Saint Louis University to learn how they are leveraging voice technology to drive student engagement from the classroom to the dorm room. Learn how these early adopters approach AI and voice assistance, and their perspective on how this technology fits within the smart campus of the future. Thursday, November 1 from 1:30 PM – 2:15 PM MT in the Mile High Ballroom 2B/3B, Ballroom Level.
- Managing Student Data Risk with Student Success Technologies. Join Dr. Matthew Milliron, Civitas Learning’s VP of Solution Engineering; Michael Kuentz, AWS Solutions Architect; James Wiley, Principal Analyst at the National Research Center for College & University Admissions; and Lev Gonick, Arizona State University’s Chief Information Officer for a panel discussion on the critical standards and proven practices that are helping institutions understand and act on privacy issues to improve student outcomes. Thursday, November 1 from 4:15 PM – 5:00 PM MT in Meeting Room 505/506.
- Machine Learning and Voice Technology. Join us for two sessions in the Learning Theater within the expo hall. On Wednesday, October 31 from 10:45 AM to 11:30 AM MT, the Educational Testing Service, Echo360, and the College Board will discuss how machine learning is improving current educational technologies and the student experience in “Beyond the Buzz: How Machine Learning Is Changing Education”. On Thursday, November 1 from 2:30 PM – 3:15 PM MT, stop by “How to Bring Voice Technology to Your College Campus” to hear Saint Louis University share best practices for getting started with voice technology on your campus.
- Start-Up Alley and the Smart Life Airstream. Visit Start-Up Alley to talk with the emerging EdTech community and learn more about AWS EdStart, an accelerator for EdTech start-ups. You won’t want to miss the Amazon Smart Life Airstream parked in Start-Up Alley, where you will walk through the newest and most innovative smart tech products for your campus and student life, featuring Alexa, powered by Intel and AWS. Wednesday, October 31 from 9:00 AM – 5:45 PM MT and Thursday, November 1 from 9:00 AM – 4:15 PM MT.
- Under the Ed Radar Pitch Competition. Ten Start-Up Alley companies will be selected to participate in the Under the Ed Radar Pitch Competition. Don’t miss this dynamic EdTech pitch competition sponsored by AWS. Wednesday, October 31 from 1:30 PM – 3:15 PM MT, EDUCAUSE Learning Theater.
- Join the Migration; Giddy Up to the Cloud. Enjoy a night of cocktails and networking with other education professionals and the AWS education team. Prepare to learn about the world’s journey to the cloud, with a western twist. Wednesday, October 31 from 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM MT, Mile High Station (2027 West Colfax Avenue, Denver, CO 80204).
We look forward to seeing you in Cloudorado! Don’t forget to stop by booth #400 to meet our team and learn more about AWS for education.