Cloud Computing for Education
As you explore ways to shift to remote learning and working, AWS has resources to help you today.
During this unprecedented time of temporary and sustained school closings, many of our customers are reaching out for help moving more learning and working online. To help support you, see below for commonly requested resources:
- If you need help to scale up your on-premises applications by migrating them to the cloud, please contact your AWS Account Manager, or if this is during business hours, use the click-to-chat service on this page.
- If you need to virtualize your campus computer lab spaces to support online distance learning, Amazon AppStream 2.0 is a fully managed application streaming service. You centrally manage desktops and applications on Amazon AppStream 2.0 and securely deliver them to any computer using a web browser. You can easily scale to any number of users without acquiring, provisioning, and operating hardware or infrastructure. Amazon AppStream 2.0 supports all types of applications, including graphics applications from AutoDesk, MathWorks, SolidWorks, and more.
- If you need to deliver personal cloud desktops to support remote work scenarios, Amazon WorkSpaces is a managed, secure Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS) solution. You can use Amazon WorkSpaces to provision either Windows or Linux desktops in just a few minutes and quickly scale to provide thousands of desktops to users, anywhere.
- If you need to quickly set up a cloud-based contact center, Amazon Connect is a low-cost, omnichannel cloud solution for IT helpdesks, admissions, financial aid, and other departments needing to provide inbound and outbound support.
- If you want to offer no-cost online learning modules on cloud computing to your students and virtual cloud labs to your faculty, join AWS Educate to access these resources.
- AWS and our partner companies will work to offer additional resources, such as AWS Promotional Credits, to support our customers. We will be updating this webpage, the Amazon Day One blog, the AWS Public Sector blog, and our social channels with more information.
Find us on social media » Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn
Amazon’s actions to help those affected by COVID-19
A roundup of actions Amazon has taken to reduce the spread of the coronavirus while supporting those directly and indirectly impacted by COVID-19.
Webinars and Office Hours for Educators
The AWS Educate educator community wants to help educators during this transition from in-classroom delivery to remote learning. Join a webinar or virtual office hours.
Amazon AppStream 2.0: Anytime access for students
With Amazon AppStream 2.0, your students, teachers, and administrators can access educational applications (like CAD) remotely.
Amazon WorkSpaces: Access your desktop from any device
With Workspaces, your entire district or campus can access their desktop from any computer and any location.
Learn more »
Explore education segments
From data center migration to student data and analytics, AWS has agile and flexible solutions.
K12 & Primary Schools
Streamline district IT operations, save money, and keep student information safe in the AWS Cloud.
Innovate and build the next generation of online learning, analytics, and campus management solutions.
Support Student Success
Teachers, instructors, districts, universities, and EdTechs have one main goal: develop successful students. The AWS Cloud helps education institutions personalize student-learning experiences, access applications at any time, and improve learning outcomes.
Security & Compliance
The AWS Cloud is built to help even the most security-sensitive institutions meet student data privacy and security requirements. AWS manages many national and international compliance programs, including the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
Agility & Scalability
AWS enables education institutions to create a customized infrastructure that is more efficient and flexible. Quickly and easily scale up during peak usage times, including enrollment, back-to-school season, and graduation; and scale down over breaks when your server needs are low.
Reduce costs with the AWS pay-as-you-go model. The ability to scale up and down as traffic changes makes it possible for districts, institutions, EdTechs, and digital learning companies to ramp up their capacity on a temporary basis, at a fraction of the cost.
Alexa in education
Amazon Alexa is giving universities, EdTechs, and publishers new ways to support learning, engage parents, and improve productivity. Whether helping a busy student study for a quiz while she commutes or making it easier for an administrator to access the latest enrollment statistics during a meeting, the possibilities with Alexa are endless. Find out how you can use voice technology to enhance your campus or EdTech product.
AWS Educate is Amazon’s global initiative to provide students and educators with the resources needed to accelerate cloud-related learning. With the increasing demand for cloud employees, AWS Educate provides an academic gateway for the next generation of IT and cloud professionals.
AWS Academy helps prepare university students for industry-recognized certifications and high-demand cloud jobs through in-class instruction, hands-on labs, online knowledge assessments, and project work.
AWS Cloud Credits for Research
The AWS Cloud Credits for Research Program supports researchers who seek to: Build cloud-hosted, publicly available, science-as-a-service applications, software, or tools to advance their research and that of their community; Perform proof-of-concept or benchmark tests evaluating the efficacy of moving research workloads or open datasets to the cloud; And train a broader community on the usage of cloud for research workloads via workshops or tutorials.
More than 9,000 education customers use the AWS Cloud to lower IT costs, launch student analytic initiatives, and prepare students for STEM careers.