ICYMI: September new courses, stories, and resources from AWS Training and Certification
Editor’s Note: Below is a summary of AWS Training and Certification news and updates for September 2021. Dive in and explore more training content, stories, and resources.
AWS Training and Certification empowers learners of various skill levels, roles, and backgrounds to build knowledge and practical skills. We offer more than 500 free, on-demand courses that help customers learn new cloud skills and services when and where it’s convenient for them. AWS Classroom Training offers live classes with expert instructors who teach in-demand cloud skills and best practices using a mix of presentations, discussion, and hands-on labs. And 11 solution- and role-based AWS Certifications build credibility and confidence by validating an individual’s cloud skills with an industry-recognized credential. Our training and certification offerings cover the range of AWS services from AWS foundational skills, machine learning, security, data analytics, systems operations, AWS architecture, databases, and more.
Read on for the newest digital and classroom courses.
AWS Classroom and Digital Training courses
Architecting on AWS
Did you know we recently updated Architecting on AWS? We redesigned the flow of the course to reflect the sequence a cloud architect would follow when implementing solutions in the AWS Cloud. This three-day, intermediate classroom course emphasizes best practices using the AWS Well-Architected Framework and guides you through the process of designing optimal IT solutions, based on real-life scenarios. The modules focus on account security, networking, compute, storage, databases, monitoring, automation, containers, serverless architecture, edge services, and backup and recovery. At the end of the course, you’ll practice building a solution in a capstone lab, allowing you to review the concepts and services you’ve learned and build a three-tier web application architecture based on a business scenario. Learn more and register today: Customers, AWS Partners, Amazonians.
AWS Cloud Essentials for Business Leaders and AWS Cloud Essentials for Business Leaders – Financial Services
Are you a business leader looking to learn more about cloud computing? Look no further. We’re introducing two new courses, AWS Cloud Essentials for Business Leaders and AWS Cloud Essentials for Business Leaders – Financial Services, in digital and classroom modalities. Each course offers a digital two-hour training or a four-hour classroom training with a virtual option available. The instructor-led AWS Cloud Essentials for Business Leaders courses guide you through concepts such as security and compliance to help facilitate better discussions with line-of-business owners and executives. By the end of the course, you’ll understand how a business uses cloud technology to realize business value. The financial services course covers specific examples and case studies from the financial services point of view. This course will replace AWS Business Essentials in Q4 2021. Learn more and register today:
- AWS Cloud Essentials for Business Leaders classroom course: Customers, Partners, Amazonians
- AWS Cloud Essentials for Business Leaders digital course: Customers, Partners, Amazonians
- AWS Cloud Essentials for Business Leaders – Financial Services classroom course: Customers, Partners, Amazonians
- AWS Cloud Essentials for Business Leaders – Financial Services digital course: Customers, Partners, Amazonians.
Real-World Cloud Product Management Specialization
Advancing Women in Tech (AWIT) is a non-profit organization that’s providing professionals with upskilling opportunities in the cloud to increase diverse representation in tech leadership and the overall tech talent pipeline. They’re announcing a new educational program, Real-World Cloud Product Management Specialization, which is sponsored by AWS and available exclusively on Coursera. This fundamental, self-paced, 35-hour online course is designed for professionals seeking to gain knowledge of the core principles of the AWS Cloud, including the benefits, pricing strategy, and security mechanisms. AWIT’s Specialization is unique in that it offers real-world, easy-to-understand use cases for those with non-technical backgrounds and offers insights from executive leaders at AWS. It also includes more than 200 multiple choice questions to help learners prepare for the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification exam. Learn more and register today.
Coming soon! New AWS Certified: SAP on AWS – Specialty
We are announcing a new AWS Certification, the AWS Certified: SAP on AWS – Specialty beta exam, which validates skills in managing and deploying SAP workloads on AWS. The exam is intended for individuals with experience designing, implementing, migrating, and operation SAP workloads on AWS. We recommend that exam candidates have five years of SAP experience combined with one year of experience working with SAP on AWS. The exam will be offered via our test delivery providers, Pearson VUE and PSI, in English only. Registration for the beta exam begins October 26, 2021, and candidates can take it from November 22, 2021, through January 11, 2022. Expected availability of the standard exam is Q2 2022. Learn more about AWS Certified: SAP on AWS – Specialty and register for the beta exam on October 26, 2021.
Maximize your preparation for AWS Certification with our new exam guides
We recently published updated versions of our 11 AWS Certification exam guides to provide more detailed information and guidance. Why is this important? Because passing an AWS Certification exam validates your competence and confidence using AWS services in a particular job role or domain. Earning a certification can help you develop your career and show current and potential employers your skills. This blog outlines our exam guides, including what’s new, how and why we create them, and how you can use them to prepare for your exam.
AWS Partner research
New research quantifies the value of AWS Training and Certification for AWS Partners
We commissioned a study from Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG), an independent analyst firm, to help us quantify the value we offer AWS Partners. According to ESG’s survey of more than 750 AWS Partner decision makers globally, Partners gain the numerous operational and business development benefits from AWS Training and Certification programs. Read all the findings in the blog.
Grow your cloud skills with AWS Training and Certification
AWS Skills Guild
AWS Skills Guild is a comprehensive cloud skills enablement program that helps large organizations accelerate their cloud-adoption journey and build cloud fluency across their organization. We recently worked with customers, including AMP, Bendigo and Adelaide Bank, Absa, and Verisk, to help equip their workforces with the necessary cloud skills and cloud fluency to accelerate their cloud migration strategies. Read on for more about how each company benefited from tailored workforce skills training.
- AMP, an Australian-based wealth management company worked with the AWS Skills Guild team to launch what they’ve named the AMP Cloud Academy (Academy). AMP has undertaken a cloud migration in recent years. Its cloud strategy includes an aim of having no physical infrastructure supporting it to drive the simplification of its products and services, and enhance the customer experience. The Academy helps employees understand not just the what, when, and how of the cloud, but also the why. In its first year, more than 500 AMP employees completed a course at the Academy. Read more about the success of AMP’s Cloud Academy.
- Bendigo and Adelaide Bank in Australia unleashes its AWS Skills Guild to support its new cloud strategy. To accelerate their strategy, the bank required new cloud skills so its team could effectively architect and maintain new cloud environments and instill a culture of cloud innovation. The program, Unleash, is a fantastic example of how an organization can address a skills gap on their team to achieve their new business and technical cloud strategy. Read more about Bendigo and Adelaide Bank’s experience with AWS Skills Guild.
- Absa’s cloud champions are vital to creating and communicating the culture of the Cloud Incubator, a program created with the help of the AWS Skills Guild team. As part of the organization’s initial move to the cloud, Absa found that employees across their businesses needed support to identify cloud opportunities and create more efficient, scalable services and solutions. In collaboration with AWS Skills Guild, Absa launched Cloud Incubator to accelerate cloud skills development throughout the group. In the first five months, more than 1,000 staff across Absa’s African operations have learned advanced cloud computing skills and made an impact on the business—which is already over 70% to goal for the anticipated 2021 trained staff total. Explore the additional benefits of Absa’s Cloud Incubator.
- Verisk is bringing all its employees on the cloud migration journey with their AWS Skills Guild program, the Verisk Cloud Academy. For more than five years, Verisk has used the AWS Cloud to assist in their mission to deliver highly differentiated services and exceptional customer experiences. To accelerate cloud capabilities through skills training, Verisk launched its own AWS Skills Guild program, the Verisk Cloud Academy. The company is achieving better migration results in less time thanks to the additional resources, which bolster its existing training programs. Read more about their cloud migration journey.
AWS re/Start expands to new global locations
AWS re/Start is a free, 12-week, full-time, classroom-based development and training program that prepares individuals who are unemployed or underemployed for entry-level cloud positions. The program recently launched in the following cities: Gaborone, Botswana; Cape Town, South Africa; Oxford, Southampton, Lincoln, and Middlesbrough, UK; Sao Paolo, Brazil; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Mexico City, Mexico; Medellin and Curitiba, Columbia; Pune, Bengaluru, Thiruvananthapuram, and Kolkata, India; and Barcelona, Spain. Find a full list of participating locations and fill out our interest form to learn more and connect with graduates. Read all about the program’s recent expansion to MENA (Middle East and North Africa).
Organizations across the globe are seeking individuals skilled in the transformative technologies of the cloud. Developed at the source, AWS Training and Certification equips diverse builders with the knowledge they need to leverage the power of the AWS Cloud. Follow us today on LinkedIn.