AWS Certified Security - Specialty
Validate your technical skills and expertise with an industry-recognized credential and grow your career.
The AWS Certified Security – Specialty is intended for individuals who perform a security role with at least two years of hands-on experience securing AWS workloads.
Abilities Validated by the Certification
- An understanding of specialized data classifications and AWS data protection mechanisms
- An understanding of data encryption methods and AWS mechanisms to implement them
- An understanding of secure Internet protocols and AWS mechanisms to implement them
- A working knowledge of AWS security services and features of services to provide a secure production environment
- Competency gained from two or more years of production deployment experience using AWS security services and features
- Ability to make tradeoff decisions with regard to cost, security, and deployment complexity given a set of application requirements
- An understanding of security operations and risk
Recommended Knowledge and Experience
- At least two years of hands-on experience securing AWS workloads
- Security controls for workloads on AWS
- A minimum of five years of IT security experience designing and implementing security solutions
Prepare for Your Exam
There is no better preparation than hands-on experience. There are many relevant AWS Training courses and other resources to assist you with acquiring additional knowledge and skills to prepare for certification. Please review the exam guide for information about the competencies assessed on the certification exam.
65 questions; either multiple choice or multiple response
Testing center or online proctored exam
170 minutes to complete the exam
300 USD (Practice exam: 40 USD)
Available in English, Japanese, Korean, and Simplified Chinese