Listing Reserved Instances
- If this is your first time, you must complete the Seller Registration Page, and provide the bank account you would like to use for disbursals.
- Complete the Tax Interview. Please provide your business’s U.S. tax identification number and/or foreign (non-U.S.) income tax identification number, if applicable. See more here.
- Once you complete the registration and tax interview, log in to the AWS Management Console and choose "Reserved Instances" in the navigation pane.
- Select the Reserved Instance that you would like to sell and then select "Sell Reserved Instances".
- Set the number of Reserved Instances you would like to sell and the upfront price for each one.
- Choose "Continue".
- Confirm the settings associated with your listing.
Important notes about selling
- Reserved Instances can be sold after they have been active for at least 30 days and once AWS has received the upfront payment (if applicable).
- You must have a US bank account to sell Reserved Instances on the Reserved Instance Marketplace.
- There must be at least one month remaining in the term of the Reserved Instance you are listing.
- You will retain the pricing and capacity benefit of your reservation until it's sold and the transaction is complete.
- Your company name (and address upon request) will be shared with the buyer for tax purposes.
- A seller can set only the upfront price for a Reserved Instance. The usage price and other configuration (e.g., instance type, Availability Zone, platform) will remain the same as when the Reserved Instance was initially purchased.
- The term length will be rounded down to the nearest month. For example, a reservation with 9 months and 15 days remaining will appear as 9 months on the Reserved Instance Marketplace.
- You can sell up to $20,000 in Reserved Instances per year. If you need to sell more Reserved Instances, complete this form.
- Reserved Instances in the GovCloud region cannot be sold on the Reserved Instance Marketplace.
Each Reserved Instance sold on the Amazon EC2 Reserved Instance Marketplace will be charged a service fee of 12% on the total upfront price. This charge will be added to your anniversary bill.
Understanding how to get paid
After a buyer purchases your Reserved Instance, and Amazon Web Services has received payment, you will receive an ACH wire transfer from Amazon Web Services to the account specified when you registered for the Reserved Instance Marketplace.
Payment typically occurs within 1-3 days after your Reserved Instance has been matched. However, it could take up to two weeks for your first Reserved Instance Marketplace transaction to be processed, while we work with your bank to setup a wire transfer relationship for your bank account. You will receive an email with your disbursement report once funds have been released.
The status of your listing is available from the "Reserved Instances" screen of the AWS Management Console. If your listing is in the pending state, we have matched your listing to a buyer. If it is in the sold state, we have processed your sale.
Additional pricing resources
There are several ways to get started with Amazon EC2 for free.
Instantly get access to the AWS Free Tier.
Get started building with Amazon EC2 in the AWS Console.