Unlock the true state of US transportation
Rekor and AWS joined forces to conduct a listening campaign in the transportation industry. Through multiple, deep-dive one-on-one conversations led by an independent third-party facilitator, leaders of state, municipal and federal transportation authorities, automobile OEMs, industry experts, academics, and renowned transportation consulting agencies shared their thought-provoking views and insights.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) works with leading transportation technologies to build cloud solutions for airports, seaports, mass transit, tollways, municipal planning, parking authorities, motor vehicle departments, traffic management departments, and departments of transportation.
These transportation solutions enable constituent service improvements, so transportation agencies and authorities can make streets safer, improve mobility and sustainability, and deliver savings.
How AWS can help transportation authorities and agencies
Power, modernize, and maximize enterprise systems
AWS can help power and transform large, enterprise-level systems and help transportation agencies and authorities protect and understand their data.
- Access reliable, scalable, and secure data storage and database migration support
- Share and analyze data seamlessly across platforms to uncover valuable insights
- Scale up or down IT resources quickly to save on costs
- Use on-premises resources with hybrid cloud options
Enable innovation and improve the constituent experience
Improve delivery and access to constituent services with AWS.
- Create self-service portals, virtual assistance, and mobile device applications to increase access and save staff time
- Redefine and repurpose geographic information systems (GIS) with open data solutions for advanced mapping and tracking to understand resource depreciation and deployment, climate monitoring, and manage traffic flow
- Access powerful IT resources in minutes, such as live video and image analytics for user verification, people counting, and public safety use cases
“The Supply Chain Information Highway is transformative, with a goal of enabling users to make scheduling, planning, and payment decisions prior to cargo arrival, reducing delays on the way to customers....We’re happy to collaborate with AWS to supercharge this endeavor.”
— Mario Cordero
Port Executive Director
“…by using artificial intelligence, machine learning, and machine vision to allow customers to upload documents, to recognize those and give them essentially a kind of a precheck experience like you might have with an airline.”
— Steve Gordon
Director, DMV, California
Security and compliance
AWS meets the requirements of the most security-sensitive organizations with support for 98 security standards and compliance certifications—more than any other cloud offering.
Build with an AWS Partner
Looking for support for building or deploying solutions in the cloud? AWS Partners are trusted technology providers and consulting experts that offer transportation agencies and authorities a wide variety of cloud-based solutions.
Take the next step
There are several ways to get started with AWS. Contact us for personalized guidance. Or, explore any of the resources below.