Make it YOUR race! Virtual 4K 4Charity registration now open
Amidst a rapidly changing world, the 4K 4Charity Fun Run hosted in collaboration with the NAB Show is going virtual so you can participate safely from anywhere, at a time and pace that you decide, and reach your virtual personal best as you raise funds for STEM-related nonprofits and COVID-19 relief efforts.
A portion of 4K 4Charity proceeds benefits UNICEF efforts in 190 countries, where they are partnering with front-line responders to keep children healthy and learning and protected from sickness and violence. 4K 4Charity donations are also shared with the National Center for Women & Information Technology (NCWIT), an organization that fosters meaningful participation by girls and women in the field of computing, including the AspireIT and TECHNOLOchicas programs.
Special thanks in advance to all of this year’s participants as well as our 2020 NAB Show 4K 4Charity Virtual Run sponsors, with whom this would not be possible – including Amazon Web Services, Planar Systems, Bitmovin, EditShare, Irdeto, SDVI, Verimatrix, Wall Street Communications, FEED Magazine, and NAB Show.
To get started, register online at 4k4charity.con/nab. Then, chart your 4K (2.49-mile) or 8K (4.97-mile) course, and complete your distance in any location, at your own pace before June 1, 2020. You can choose to finish in one effort or spread the mileage across several days. Here are a few ideas for your virtual experience:
- Invite friends and family to be your cheering section.
- Wear a fun race outfit so you can channel your inner 4K 4Charity costume super heroes, such as Giant Baby, T-Rex, and Humongous Chicken.
- Print out your race bib and start sign, and snap a picture of yourself before you start your race.
- Dole out some highly coveted toilet paper to create a fun virtual finish line, then capture the glory of your finish.
- Do a post-event celebration dance (we want video of that, too).
- Share your pictures and videos with the 4K 4Charity community on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, or Facebook with the hashtag #4K4CharityVRun.
Wherever your journey takes you, have fun, be safe, and please share! To register or donate today, visit 4K4Charity.com/nab.