Getting started: Training resources for storage on AWS
With a wide variety of storage and data transfer and migration services, understanding where to start when considering AWS for your data storage can be a time consuming task. Where do you start? What resources are available to help guide you through unfamiliar territory? Where can you go if you need additional help?
Whether you’ve just signed up for your first AWS account or you’ve been with us for some time, there’s always something new to learn as our services evolve to meet the ever-changing needs of our customers. To help ensure you’re set up for success as you build with AWS, we put together this quick reference guide for storage training and resources available here on the AWS site.
Storage training online courses
This site is a fantastic resource, offering free and unlimited access to more than 100 digital training courses built by AWS experts. This link will take you directly to the storage category for all things storage on AWS, but you can always browse and search the site for other courses. Here are a few quick links for service-specific training:
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) Primer (60 minutes)
- Includes introduction, foundations, and a demonstration
- Using the AWS CLI with Amazon S3: Improve Performance Using Multiple Threads (10 minutes)
- Introduction to Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS) (10 minutes)
- Deep Dive on Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS) (60 minutes)
- Monitoring Data Uploads from the AWS Storage Gateway (10 minutes)
- Amazon Elastic File System (EFS) Primer (25 minutes)
- Introduction to Amazon FSx for Lustre (10 minutes)
- Introduction to Amazon FSx for Windows File Server (10 minutes)
- Introduction to AWS Backup (20 minutes)
- Introduction to Backup and Restore with AWS (90 minutes)
- AWS Transfer for SFTP Primer (60 minutes)
Classroom training options
If you prefer the interactive nature of a classroom environment, register for any of these courses (near you or online) to learn best practices, get live feedback, and receive answers to your questions in real-time from the class instructor.
Building a Serverless Data Lake (1 day)
Teaches you how to design, build, and operate a serverless data lake solution with AWS services. Includes topics such as ingesting data from any data source at large scale, storing the data securely and durably, using the right tool to process large volumes of data, and understanding the options available for analyzing the data in near-real time.
Visit here for all of the AWS Training courses for storage.