injuryConnect Case Study
Founded in 2009, injuryConnect provides a software-as-a-service (SaaS) application that enables businesses with 500 employees or more to manage workplace injuries. The organization’s clients include fast-food chain McDonald’s, Australian home-improvement retailer Bunnings Warehouse, discount department store Kmart Australia, oil and gas multinational BP, and snack company Arnott’s Australia. injuryConnect also offers dedicated support and account management. “Our mission is to provide the world’s best injury-management system,” says Glen McIvor, managing director at injuryConnect. “To do this, we aim to minimize inefficient, manual injury-management and claims processes, and deliver a highly efficient and effective online solution that meets all legislative requirements and allows employers to spend less time on paperwork and more on managing injured workers.”
We needed a cloud service that complied with the IRAP security standard to win new business from prestigious Australian government clients. AWS was IRAP compliant while providing the multinational presence to support our growth."
Managing Director, injuryConnect
- Sought to earn business from Australian government agencies that required compliance with the Information Security Registered Assessors Program (IRAP)
- Needs to operate in a scalable, multinational cloud infrastructure that can accommodate planned growth
- Needs access to 24/7 support
Why Amazon Web Services
- Deployed Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) and Elastic Load Balancing to run multiple web and database servers, with assistance from AWS Premier Consulting Partner Bulletproof
- Paved the way to investigate adopting additional AWS services, including Amazon Route 53, AWS CodeCommit, AWS CodeDeploy, Amazon CloudWatch, and AWS OpsWorks, between Q4 2016 and Q1 2017
- Winning new business: Running on an IRAP-compliant AWS infrastructure enabled injuryConnect to win an Australian government agency as a client.
- Application performance and availability: Maintained performance and availability at levels that meet the needs of the business
- Enabled growth while maintaining data sovereignty: Accessed AWS infrastructure in Australia to meet data-sovereignty requirements, while gaining access to data centers in other regions for redundancy and future growth
Founded in 2009, injuryConnect provides a software-as-a-service (SaaS) application that enables businesses with 500 employees or more to manage workplace injuries.
About the Partner
- A Premier Consulting Partner of the AWS Partner Network (APN). Bulletproof is a leading cloud-services provider in Australia and New Zealand and a partner to 750+ organizations.
- For more information about how Bulletproof can help your company build and manage your AWS environment, see Bulletproof’s listing in the AWS Partner Directory.
AWS Services Used
Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) is an object storage service that offers industry-leading scalability, data availability, security, and performance.
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) is a web service that provides secure, resizable compute capacity in the cloud.
Amazon Route 53
Amazon Route 53 is a highly available and scalable cloud Domain Name System (DNS) web service.
AWS CodeCommit is a fully-managed source control service that hosts secure Git-based repositories.
Companies of all sizes across all industries are transforming their businesses every day using AWS. Contact our experts and start your own AWS Cloud journey today.