2016 AWS Partner Summit Sydney – Recap
That’s a wrap on the 2016 AWS Partner Summit – Sydney! The ANZ Partner team organized a great event for APN Partners, and I was thrilled to get to be a part of it. The event featured guest speakers from AWS, APN member firms, and AWS customer firms. What follows is a short recap of the day:
AWS Partner Keynote
The event kicked off with a keynote hosted by Stefan Jansen, Head of ANZ Channels and Alliances, AWS, and Terry Wise, WW VP of Channels & Alliances, AWS. Both Stefan and Terry spoke to the importance of putting the customer first, and working together to drive customer success. Terry then discussed what we find to be some of the keys to partner success, along with seven key trends that represent an enormous opportunity for partners on AWS:
- Cloud Migrations
- Cloud Managed Services
- Big Data
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- AWS for Windows
- Embrace New Software Delivery Models
The keynote featured guest speakers from firms OFX, Datacom, and Versent.
Also highlighted in the keynote was the investment AWS is making in the APN, Consulting and Technology Partner collaboration, and the 2016 APN Cloud Warriors for Australia & New Zealand. APN Cloud Warriors are AWS Certified individuals who are both deeply skilled on the AWS platform, and are strong technology advocates. Congratulations to all recognized!
Nine breakout sessions were held across a wide range of topics, and featured a number of guest speakers:
- Building a Thriving Consulting Services Business with AWS
- Realising the Benefits of Cloud: Cloud Migration & Cloud Adoption Framework
- Expanding your Cloud Business with AWS Marketplace
- Helping Large Organisations Transform Their Business Using AWS
- Monetising the AWS Cloud: Leveraging APN Programs, Training, and Support
- Selling with AWS – Understanding how to leverage the AWS Sales Methodology and Partner Best Practices
- Microsoft Workloads on AWS: Best Practices and Patterns for Architecture, Migrations, and Licensing
- Partner Managed Services on AWS
- Building a Big Data Practice on AWS
AWS Partner Recognition
The ANZ team chose to recognize four APN Partners in four different categories: AWS Rising Star Partner, Most Innovative AWS Partner, Consulting Partner of the Year, and Technology Partner of the Year. Congratulations to the following APN Partners!
- AWS Rising Star Partner – API Talent
- Most Innovative AWS Partner – Comunet Pty Ltd
- Consulting Partner of the Year – DiUS Computing
- Technology Partner of the Year – TechnologyOne
AWS Partner Summits are a fantastic place for APN Partners to meet both AWS team members, and other APN Partners who may offer services and/or solutions on AWS that complement their existing offerings. Needless to say, there was no shortage of networking at the end of the AWS Partner Summit in Sydney. Did you have the opportunity to connect with other partners while at the AWS Partner Summit – Sydney? Tell us about it in the comments section.
Did you miss the event? We live tweeted the day from @AWS_Partners – follow us and take a look back at all of the action!