Start Your Learning Journey with the Right Roadmap from AWS Training and Certification
By Megan Diaz, Partner Marketing Manager – AWS
Are you overwhelmed by choice when it comes to your cloud training options? To help break down barriers and develop your cloud skills, Amazon Web Services (AWS) has created several methods to guide you on the correct learning journey, including learning plans, courses with different training styles, and a curated list of our most popular courses amongst AWS Partners.
Research from Gallup and AWS shows that nearly three out of four professionals who acquire advanced digital skills express high job satisfaction (72%) and higher confidence in job security (72%).
With your choice of learning plans, resources, and curated course guides, AWS Partner Training and Certification make it easy to deepen your digital skills and start training with the courses that fit your learning needs.
In this post, we’ll explore what training resonates with the thousands of partners already learning with AWS Partner Training and Certification.
Get Blueprints for Your Training with Learning Plans
Partner learning plans are a great place to start as you prepare for an exam or your role in the cloud. These pre-designed training paths pull from the 600+ training courses available in AWS Skill Builder to create a roadmap of learning to help you gain the skills you want.
Outlining the courses to start and in which order, learning plans remove the guesswork from training but still give you the flexibility to fit learning into your schedule. AWS expert-built and recommended curriculum can be taken at your own pace, letting you choose the full path or only the courses that interest you.
As partner learner Gineesh Madapparamath, Platform and DevOps Consultant at Red Hat, says: “AWS Skill Builder helps me stay current and practice my skills as often as needed. The interface is clutter-free and easy to navigate. Learning plans organize free content and guide where to start and progress with learning. The skills I am learning help me design and deploy solutions using AWS services and capabilities for automation and containerization workflows.”
Ready to get started? These learning plans will help you find a place to start and take the over out of overwhelming. Choose one of the top learning plans in an exam or role category:
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification Partner Learning Plan
- AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification Partner Learning Plan
- Developer Partner Learning Plan
- Security Engineer Partner Learning Plan
Learners are unique and demand varied approaches to training. Whether you’re facing analysis paralysis, need something to pique your interest, or want to stay up to date on the latest and greatest, AWS Partner Training and Certification has options for you.
Sign up with your work email to access all the partner-exclusive courses.
Options for Every Learner
Partner Training and Certification offers different types of training you can choose from to suit your unique learning style and add variety to your training routine. Dive deep with hands-on practice or get started at a theoretical or high level. Get a personalized learning experience with training modalities such as on-demand and in-classroom courses.
Another partner learner, Stephen Mac at BAE Systems, said, “The ability to learn on-demand at my own pace and focus on curated learning pathways was critical for my needs. I particularly loved how the concepts were broken down and communicated with the help of real-world examples in a video format.”
Learn Anytime, Anywhere
No matter how busy your schedule is, digital training from AWS makes it easy to keep your skills fresh. Get 600+ free on-demand digital courses and learning plans with AWS Skill Builder.
- Digital: Dive into training complete with videos, written transcripts, quizzes, and easy-to-understand language. Complete courses on-demand and on your own time.
- Video: Get quick, easy training through narrated videos that are shorter than our digital courses. Choose from a variety of topics, from sales enablement to cloud security.
Engage in Interactive Learning from Experts
Dive deep with classroom training delivered by the experts at AWS, and get your questions answered in real-time.
- Classroom training: Learn in-demand cloud skills and best practices, either in-person or virtually in live classes with expert AWS instructors using a mix of presentations, discussions, and hands-on labs.
Practice with Hands-On Training
Learn by doing—and playing—as you practice using AWS services in a safe, no-fee sandbox environment. Sena Yakut at PurpleBox said: “AWS Cloud Quest games and hands-on labs [are] particularly helpful, and I [immediately applied] AWS best practices and AWS Well-Architected Framework [principles] in real-life projects and improved architecture designs for my customers.”
- AWS Builder Lab: Access 125+ guided labs in a live sandbox environment. Build like the experts in a risk-free environment with step-by-step instructions and leave with practical experience in the AWS Management Console. Tiana Myers at Ensono said: “I loved getting an interactive experience with tasks that allowed me to explore beyond the day-to-day of my current role. I especially liked the do-it-yourself section. Implementing a part of the solution on my own made me more confident in my skills. The labs were detailed, yet easy to follow.”
- AWS Jam Journey: Build without instructions in open-ended challenges that use multiple AWS services in a live sandbox environment and put your skills to the test with real-world scenarios. Gain confidence knowing you’re ready to achieve your professional goals by conquering an AWS Jam Journey.
- AWS Cloud Quest: Get in the game while you get in the cloud. AWS Cloud Quest is the only role-playing game to help you build practical AWS skills. Keep it fun while you customize your avatar, collect gems, solve puzzles, and zap drones—all while learning AWS technology concepts. Pablo Bueti at Accenture said: “I had little prior work experience with the cloud but needed AWS skills to be successful in my current DevOps role. I used AWS Cloud Quest as part of my learning path for the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Exam. I liked how I was evolving my skills in a virtual city with tasks that contributed to its transformation.”
Exam Prep from the Source
Set yourself up for success with access to exam prep resources such as webinars, practice question sets, exam prep courses, and official practice exams.
Rola Dali at Kyndryl said: “For every certification, I looked up all available resources in AWS Skill Builder that related to the certification and went through the material. I was really surprised at how well the material is thought out and curated. It’s an intuitive ecosystem that just makes sense. My certification wouldn’t have been possible otherwise.”
- Official practice exams: Get a subscription to AWS Skill Builder and go beyond free practice exams with an official practice exam. These exams provide exercises with the same question style and rigor as the certification exam. Exam style scoring indicates whether you passed, helping to gauge your readiness.
Next Steps: Choose from the Most Popular AWS Courses
Still not sure where to start? Check out our curated page of the most popular courses for partners to see where thousands of learners have started their journey. Here, you can view our top accreditations and most popular courses for builders, sellers, and more.
Go beyond the training options available in the free version by subscribing to AWS Skill Builder for $29 a month. Unlock access to AWS Builder Labs, AWS Jam Journeys, Official Practice Exams, and more AWS Cloud Quest roles.