AWS News Blog
Free Online Training to Help You Learn AWS Security Fundamentals
My colleague Janna Pellegrino shared the guest post below to introduce you to the newest version of our AWS Security Fundamentals Course.
Information security is deeply important to our customers. AWS Security Fundamentals is a free, online course that introduces you to fundamental cloud computing and AWS security concepts, including AWS access control and management, governance, logging, and encryption methods. It also addresses security-related compliance protocols, risk management strategies, and procedures for auditing AWS security infrastructure.
We have significantly updated this course to help our customers. Updates include:
- New content on AWS security services related to encryption, network security, access control and management, and reporting of user access to AWS services.
- Updated information about the AWS Shared Responsibility Model.
- Demos to teach you how to create encrypted root volumes, configure AWS Web Application Firewall (WAF), and create and run AWS Config Rules to evaluate your AWS environment for compliance.
- More robust content around AWS compliance and assurance programs, and AWS services that help enforce governance, compliance, and risk management.
- A short quiz to assess your knowledge on AWS security concepts and services.
This four-hour, self-paced course is aimed at IT business or security professionals interested in cloud security practices and AWS, as well as IT auditors, analysts, and regulators. It is also a recommended prerequisite for our 3-day Security Operations on AWS course.
You can learn about this course and others training resources at AWS Training.
— Janna Pellegrino, AWS Training and Certification