Whitepaper: Navigating Regulatory and Compliance Requirements for HCLS on AWS
For customers, and partners, it can be a struggle to understand the complexities of regulatory and compliance requirements. To understand what Amazon Web Services (AWS) is doing to support these requirements in the cloud, there is a new whitepaper that can be a great starting point for your cloud compliance journey.
This whitepaper provides essential information and guidance on navigating regulatory and compliance requirements using AWS services. The content of this whitepaper was developed based on experience with, and feedback from, AWS healthcare and life sciences partners and customers.
Amazon Web Services’ customers and partners need information to understand how AWS supports worldwide healthcare and life sciences regulatory and compliance programs. There are common concepts that span all regulatory and compliance programs, such as shared responsibility, data at rest, data in motion, encryption, data residency, and change management. Navigating Regulatory and Compliance Requirements for HCLS on AWS can help you understand common questions relative to AWS, and regulatory and compliance topics.
In this whitepaper you will learn about:
- The AWS Shared Responsibility Model
- Integrity and availability
- Specific guidance and applications of compliance to
- Medical devices
- Providers and Payers
- Guidance and references to support the application of compliance requirements
- Data provenance
- Change management
- Data at rest and in motion
- Logging and auditing
- Backup, recovery, and disaster recovery
- Data residency
- Data privacy
- Consent management
- Compliance at scale
- Continuous compliance
AWS is dedicated to helping customers successfully use AWS services in regulated healthcare and life science environments to accelerate their research, development, and delivery of the next generation of medical, health, and wellness solutions.
View related blogs:
- Applying the AWS Shared Responsibility Model to your GxP Solution
- Addressing Data Residency with AWS
- AWS GDPR Data Processing Addendum – Now Part of Service Terms
- Updated HIPAA Whitepaper Now Available
- Automating the Installation Qualification (IQ) Step to Expedite GxP Compliance
- GxP Systems on AWS
- HIPAA and HITRUST on AWS