Visit the AWS Digital User Engagement team at AWS re:Invent 2019
AWS re:Invent 2019 is less than 50 days away, and that means it’s time to start planning your agenda. The Digital User Engagement team is hosting several builders sessions, chalk talks, and workshops this year. Come join us and learn more about using Amazon Pinpoint and Amazon SES to engage with and delight your customers.
Visit our booth
You’ll find our booth in the Expo Hall in the Venetian. Stop by to meet the team, see a demo, and pick up some swag!
EUC206: How AWS is defining the future of engagement and messaging
- What: Simon Poile, the General Manager of the AWS Digital User Engagement team, talks about how AWS is building on Amazon’s customer-centric culture of innovation to help you better engage your customers. You’ll also hear from AWS customer Coinbase, which uses Amazon Pinpoint to delight its customers while growing its business.
- When: Wednesday, Dec 4, 10:45 AM – 11:45 AM
- Where: MGM, Level 3, Chairman’s Ballroom 368
EUC201: Multichannel customer engagement using Amazon Pinpoint
- What: Engage with your customers by using Amazon Pinpoint to send email, SMS, push, and voice messages. Walk into this workshop with just your laptop and leave with an Amazon Pinpoint project that you can use to engage with the right customers at the right time through the right channels.
- When: Monday, Dec 2, 1:00 PM – 3:15 PM
- Where: Mirage, Bermuda A
EUC207: Build high-volume email applications with Amazon SES
- What: Companies in many industries use AWS to send millions of emails every day, including Amazon.com. In this session, learn how to build applications using the highly scalable, highly reliable, and multi-tenant-capable email infrastructure of Amazon Simple Email Service (Amazon SES). You also learn how to monitor delivery rates and other important metrics, and how to use this data to improve deliverability. Members of the Amazon.com team discuss the architecture of their multi-tenant email-sending platform, the historical challenges they faced, and the ways Amazon Pinpoint and Amazon SES helped them meet their goals around Prime Day, Cyber Monday, and other retail events.
- When: Monday, Dec 2, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
- Where: MGM, Level 1, Grand Ballroom 119
EUC328: Engage with your customers using SMS text messages
- What: Text messages form a vital part of customer-engagement strategy for organizations around the world. In this workshop, learn how to use Amazon Pinpoint to send promotional, transactional, and two-way SMS messages. You also see demonstrations of how other AWS customers use SMS messaging to engage with their customers.
- When: Wednesday, Dec 4, 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM
- Where: Bellagio, Bellagio Ballroom 5
EUC336: Surprise and delight customers with location-based notifications
- What: In this chalk talk, learn how to use AWS Amplify, AWS AppSync, and Amazon Pinpoint to geo-target customers. We teach you how to build and configure geofences to trigger location-based mobile-app notifications. We also walk you through the published solution and provide dedicated time for Q&A with an AWS solutions architect.
- When: Thursday, Dec 5, 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM
- Where: Aria, Plaza Level East, Orovada 3
AIM346-R and AIM346-R1: Personalized user engagement with machine learning
- What: In this chalk talk, we discuss how to use Amazon Personalize and Amazon Pinpoint to provide a personalized, omni-channel experience starting in your mobile application. We discuss best practices for real-time updates, personalized notifications (push), and messaging (email and text) that drives user engagement and product discovery. We also demonstrate how other mobile services can be used to facilitate rapid prototyping.
|AIM346-R||Monday, Dec 2, 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM||Bellagio, Bellagio Ballroom 7|
|AIM346-R1||Tuesday, Dec 3, 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM||Aria, Plaza Level East, Orovada 3|
ENT315: Improve message deliverability to ensure customer reach
- What: Do you have outbound and inbound email requirements? Is email a critical workload for your enterprise? Several factors determine whether your email messages reach your recipients. In this chalk talk, learn how to safely migrate your outbound and inbound email volumes over to AWS and Amazon Simple Email Service (Amazon SES). Learn how to onboard, safely ramp up, and ensure that business continues without disruption. Also learn best practices for delivering email messages into your customers’ inboxes rather than their spam folders, and receive guidance on scaling and improving the deliverability of your email campaigns.
- When: Thursday, Dec 5, 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM
- Where: Aria, Plaza Level East, Orovada 3
EUC308-R and EUC308-R1: Build and deploy your own two-way text chatbot
- What: In this builders session, you build an AI-powered chatbot that your customers can engage with by sending SMS messages. Your chatbot can help customers quickly ask questions, get answers, book appointments, check order status, and much more.
|EUC308-R||Tuesday, Dec 3, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM||Mirage, Grand Ballroom B – Table 9|
|EUC308-R1||Wednesday, Dec 4, 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM||Aria, Level 1 West, Bristlecone 2 – Table 2|
EUC309-R and EUC309-R1: Build your own omnichannel e-commerce experience
- What: In this hands-on session, you learn how to integrate AWS Amplify and Amazon Pinpoint to create a retail website. You use the event data that’s generated by customers’ activities on your site to send custom-tailored emails and push notifications, creating a curated, omnichannel experience. This session is intended for builders who want to expand the user-engagement capabilities of their sites and apps.
|EUC309-R||Monday, Dec 2, 12:15 PM – 1:15 PM||Aria, Level 1 West, Bristlecone 4 – Table 8|
|EUC309-R1||Tuesday, Dec 3, 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM||Aria, Level 1 West, Bristlecone 2 – Table 1|
EUC322: Improve customer engagement by predicting user behavior
- What: In this hands-on session, you learn how to use Amazon SageMaker and Amazon Pinpoint to create customer engagement scenarios powered by machine learning. You use cross-channel customer-activity and demographic data to train your own behavioral models. After you use your model to categorize your customers, you use Amazon Pinpoint to send engagement campaigns that are optimized to reengage users. This session is intended for builders, marketers, or data scientists who want to improve user engagement using machine learning.
- When: Monday, Dec 2, 10:45 AM – 11:45 AM
- Where: Aria, Level 1 West, Bristlecone 4 – Table 2