Posted On: Feb 4, 2020
Amazon Translate – a fully managed neural machine translation service that delivers high-quality, and affordable language translation in fifty-four languages and seventeen regions – has been added to the list of AWS Services in Scope for the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) High baseline. Amazon Translate is also included on the list of AWS Services in Scope for the FedRAMP Moderate baseline. Additional information and resources regarding FedRAMP and AWS are available here.
Your compliance responsibility when using Amazon Translate is determined by the sensitivity of your data, your company's compliance objectives, and applicable laws and regulations. AWS provides the following resources to help with compliance:
- Security and Compliance Quick Start Guides – These deployment guides discuss architectural considerations and provide steps for deploying security- and compliance-focused baseline environments on AWS.
- Architecting for HIPAA Security and Compliance Whitepaper – This whitepaper describes how companies can use AWS to create HIPAA-compliant applications.
- AWS Compliance Resources – This collection of workbooks and guides might apply to your industry and location.
- AWS Config – This AWS service assesses how well your resource configurations comply with internal practices, industry guidelines, and regulations.
- AWS Security Hub – This AWS service provides a comprehensive view of your security state within AWS that helps you check your compliance with security industry standards and best practices.