Learn the Five Imperatives for a Smart City at the Future Citizen Innovation Series
Future Cities Catapult (FCC) has simplified the “smart city” concept into five imperatives to help get you started on your digital journey to citizen innovation. Following the AWS UK Region Launch, we have collaborated with Future Cities Catapult to bring you the Future Citizen Innovation Series.
In January in London, we hosted the first week of sessions featuring Transport for London (TfL), The Met Office, Zaizi, KainosEvolve, DVLA and Future Cities Catapult talking about the Future of Citizen Innovation, Open Data, NHS, and how our customers are using the AWS Cloud to innovate today. Watch some of the event highlights in this video.
For our second week of this event series, we will focus on Smart Cities highlighting lessons learned from key city leaders. From 6 – 10 March, 2017, you can learn what makes a smart city “smart.” We distilled the topic into five imperatives to bring your Smart City project from an idea to a reality.
- Integrated City Services – March 6th, featuring the London Borough of Kingston Transformation Programme
- Dynamic Urban Planning – March 7th, featuring Urban Growth Planner by Future Cities Catapult
- Citizen Led Innovation – March 8th, featuring City of Bournemouth – the UK’s fastest growing digital economy
- Consistent Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Engagement – March 9th, featuring Belfast
- Resilience & Sustainability – March 10th, featuring David Wilde – Executive Director, Exeter County Council
Learn more and register now for the Future Citizen Innovation Series. We will also work to get you equipped with technology and practical steps to implementation. There are ten “ASK AWS Architect” sessions available on a first-come, first-served basis throughout the week. Please indicate your interest on the registration form to book your one-on-one time with AWS experts.
- Check out the full agenda here
- Share it with your colleagues in Urban Planning, IT, Customer Service, and other departments to get multiple stakeholders onboard
- Secure your place, as there are only 10 places left!
Check out some of the photos from the first week below.