Spotlight on London: Londoners use the AWS Cloud for their daily life and work
Amazon Web Services has a strong commitment to the needs of our customers across sectors in the UK. That’s the driving reason why we recently launched a new Region in the London area. Learn more about the new Region here.
Cities like London are quickly embracing innovation and developing new ways for engaging and serving citizens. From transportation to planning to utilities, cities are using cloud computing to transform the way they interact with citizens and think about their future. Both government and commercial organizations are using the cloud to provide information and deliver services to their customers and citizens. Learn more about the organizations you know that are already working to bring you smarter, more flexible services in and around London. Read more public sector case studies here.
AWS works with organisations around London to serve citizens more effectively and reach broader constituents. Learn more below:
- Helping Londoners heat their homes from anywhere – Hive (which runs on AWS) gives Londoners more control on how they heat their homes.
- Keeping London moving takes more than trains and buses – AWS and Transport for London work together to help Londoners better manage the daily commute.
- Helping Londoners on their path to university – Working together, UCAS and AWS are improving the university application experience.
- Introducing your smartphone to an even smarter bank – Monzo is building a new kind of bank, designed for your smartphone.
- If you are running a GIS on a CMS, AWS can help – Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency and AWS are finding novel ways to rapidly develop and deploy new services
Register now to get started on your digital journey to future government
When it comes to digital government projects, where do you get started? How do you train your staff and align your technology strategy with the ever-increasing pace of citizen requirements?
To answer these questions (and learn even more), join us the week of January 23rd and week of March 6th, 2017 at the Urban Innovation Center, where AWS and Future Cities Catapult will offer discussions, roundtables, and workshops as part of the London Innovation Series. Customize your own itinerary and learn how to build citizen services in a new and fresh way. Learn more and register now.
Continue to learn about how AWS is helping Londoners every day here and check out the “Webminster” station in the photos below.
Also in London, AWS launched AWS re:Start, a training and job placement program for the UK to educate young adults as well as those leaving the Armed Forces, Reservists, Veterans, and their spouses on the latest software development and cloud computing technologies. Learn more here.