AWS Training and Certification Blog
New courses and updates from AWS Training and Certification in February 2023
Welcome to our February update from AWS Training and Certification. This month, we released 16 new self-paced courses for learners on AWS Skill Builder, including AWS Jam Journey: DevOps re:Invent, three new AWS Builder Labs, and four new training courses for AWS Partners. For leaders at customer and partner organizations, AWS Skill Builder Team subscription is available in four new countries and features new Administrator reporting.
New for learners
New AWS Skill Builder subscription features
AWS Jam Journey: DevOps
AWS Jam Journey is a gamified, experiential learning path to build AWS skills with real-world challenges, available with both AWS Skill Builder Individual and Team subscriptions. AWS Jam Journey: DevOps re:Invent is our latest Jam Journey offering, joining security, networking, machine learning, databases, and games. This Jam Journey includes fundamental and intermediate challenges designed for anyone who is interested in building DevOps skills.
AWS Builder Labs
AWS Builder Labs are guided, self-paced, interactive learning in an AWS Management Console practice environment, available with both AWS Skill Builder Individual and Team subscriptions. We added the following three labs to our collection of 125+.
- Getting Started with Amazon Comprehend: Custom Classification is a 75-minute, fundamental self-paced lab, designed for developers and software engineers who are responsible for designing computer or mobile applications. You’ll create and test a custom classification model using Amazon Comprehend.
- Getting Started with Amazon Comprehend: Custom Entity Recognition is a 60-minute, fundamental self-paced lab, designed for developers and software engineers who are responsible for designing computer or mobile applications. You’ll create and test a custom entity recognition model using Amazon Comprehend.
- Migrate a Monolith Web Application to AWS using Application Migration Service (MGN) is a two-hour, intermediate self-paced lab designed for developers and architects who are responsible for designing computer or mobile applications. You’ll be guided through the process of migrating a monolith web application to AWS. This lab represents a model of a two-tier web application hosted in an on-premise environment, and you’ll migrate each tier of the web application to AWS using different AWS migrations services.
New, free digital courses on AWS Skill Builder
- Getting Started with Bottlerocket is a 30-minute, fundamental digital course designed for developers, architects, and cloud engineers who develop and deploy applications in the AWS Cloud. You’ll learn about Bottlerocket, its benefits, typical use cases, and how to use it for container applications development and with AWS Console and Command Line interfaces.
- Cloud for CEOs is a nine-minute, fundamental digital course designed for CEOs and presidents who create and execute business strategies, introduce policies, and ensure organizations reach their goals. You’ll learn what the cloud is, its benefits, and how AWS Cloud adoption can address your concerns and drive business growth.
- AWS Foundations: Getting Started with AWS Cloud Essentials is a 60-minute, fundamental digital course designed for technical and business professionals such as architects, cloud practitioners, and developers to advance AWS Cloud skills. You’ll learn how to get started in the AWS Cloud, its architecture and key terminology, and compute, storage, database, networking, and security services.
- Getting Started with Amazon QuickSight is a 60-minute, fundamental digital course designed for business analysts, business intelligence developers, and business intelligence engineers who want to develop intuitive business intelligence dashboards and engaging data visualizations. You’ll learn how to connect to data sources, create a dataset in Amazon QuickSight, create an analysis, and publish a QuickSight dashboard.
- Getting Started with AWS Mainframe Modernization Service is a 60-minute, fundamental digital course for technical and business audiences including developers, solutions architects, and product owners. You’ll learn how AWS Mainframe Modernization helps migrate and modernize mainframe applications to an AWS-managed runtime environment through Automated Refactor and Re-platform patterns. You’ll gain the tools and resources to help plan and implement mainframe migration and modernization on AWS.
- Getting Started with AWS Mainframe Modernization Refactor with AWS Blu Age is a 60-minute, fundamental digital course for technical and business audiences including developers, solutions architects, and product owners. You’ll learn how AWS Blu Age can automatically transform legacy mainframe business applications to Java-based applications, and the tools to help plan and refactor mainframe applications on AWS.
- Amazon EC2 Observability, Monitoring, and Troubleshooting is a two-hour, intermediate digital course designed for developers, architects, and operators who develop, deploy, and monitor applications on Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) instances. You’ll learn about EC2 monitor capabilities, observability concepts with metrics, logs, events, alerts, and troubleshooting techniques, and how to manage a production EC2 environment for scale and performance.
- Data Modeling for Amazon DocumentDB (with MongoDB compatibility) is a 60-minute, intermediate digital course designed for database architects, data engineers, and database administrators who work on building and managing data models for document databases. You’ll learn fundamental concepts around relationships and patterns to work with Amazon DocumentDB and how to identify the right modeling strategies for sample use cases.
Training for AWS Partners
- AWS Partner: Cloud Economics is a 2.5-hour, fundamental digital course designed for technical and non-technical individuals at an AWS Partner organization, such as sales professionals and presales technical professionals. You’ll learn about cloud business value and cloud financial management to help your customers realize the economic benefits of the AWS Cloud. This updated course features current cloud economics research, use cases, services, customer examples, a new addition to the AWS Cloud Value Framework, improved navigation, course flow, resources, and 20 new, short videos. Please note: while the course no longer has “accreditation” in the title, you will continue to earn an accreditation when you pass the assessment.
- AWS Partner: IBM z/OS Essentials (Technical) is a 60-minute, fundamental digital course designed for technical and business individuals at an AWS Partner organization, including developers, solutions architects, and product owners. You’ll learn about IBM Mainframes and z/OS and gain an understanding of legacy mainframe ecosystems, application components, architecture, data formats, file systems, and external system integrations.
- AWS Partner: Machine Learning (Sales) is a 60-minute, intermediate digital course designed for customer-facing or sales professionals at an AWS Partner organization. You’ll learn how to have business-level conversations with buyer personas and identify qualified customer opportunities for key artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) use cases. The course covers the value of AI/ML, points of entry in customer accounts, call simulations with key buyer personas, and AWS programs to progress opportunities—the same best practices AWS uses to train its internal sales teams.
- AWS Partner: End-to-End AWS Blu Age Refactoring Process (Technical) is a 60-minute, intermediate digital course designed for technical individuals at an AWS Partner organization, including developers and solutions architects. You’ll learn about the refactoring process of a legacy mainframe application, how AWS Blu Age powers the automated refactoring pattern within the AWS Mainframe Modernization service, and how to accelerate the modernization of mainframe applications.
New for teams, leaders, and organizations
AWS Classroom Training
Systems Operations on AWS has been renamed to Cloud Operations on AWS to reflect the modern way of running day-to-day operations in the cloud. The content for the course remains the same. Learn more on the T&C Blog.
Expanded availability for Team subscription
AWS Skill Builder Team subscription is now available in 23 countries, most recently in Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, Italy, and Denmark.
Updated Administrator reporting for Team subscription
Updated Administrator reporting is now available with AWS Skill Builder Team subscription, providing detailed insights and metrics for an organization’s employee participation. Learning Administrators can now filter reports by group, subscription seat status, date range, level, and domain (where applicable), download individual widgets data into CSV or Excel, and save data as a PDF. Additionally, three new reports are available for Learning Administrators: 1) The user report shows information about invited and active users from an organization, and the self-paced training progress for individual employees. 2) The course report shows various courses available within AWS Skill Builder and their usage data. 3) The learning plan report shows various learning plans available within AWS Skill Builder and their usage data.
AWS Training and Certification equips individuals and organizations in more than 200 countries and territories with the knowledge, practical skills, and credentials for success in the AWS Cloud. AWS Skill Builder offers 600+ free digital courses and learning plans in 20+ languages. Choose from fundamental, intermediate, and advanced trainings. AWS Skill Builder: Individual and Team subscriptions support customer learning with highly interactive, challenged-based learning and AWS Certification exam preparation. Learn more.