AWS Site-to-Site VPN connection pricing
- $0.05 per Site-to-Site VPN connection per hour
- $0.048 per Site-to-Site VPN connection per hour for connections to the Tokyo AWS Region and Osaka-Local AWS Region
- $0.065 per Site-to-Site VPN connection per hour for AWS GovCloud (US) Region
If you choose to create an AWS Site-to-Site VPN connection to your Amazon VPC, you are charged for each VPN connection-hour that your VPN connection is provisioned and available. Each partial VPN connection-hour consumed is billed as a full hour. You also incur standard AWS data transfer charges for all data transferred via the VPN connection. If you no longer wish to be charged for a VPN connection, you simply terminate your VPN connection using the AWS Management Console, command line interface, or API.
You create an AWS Site-to-Site VPN connection to your Amazon VPC in US East (Ohio). The connection is active for 30 days, 24 hours a day.
- AWS Site-to-Site VPN connection fee: You will be charged for your AWS Site-to-Site VPN connection on an hourly basis, for each hour the connection is active. For this AWS Region, the rate is $0.05 per hour. This will result in a charge of $36.
AWS Client VPN pricing
- $0.05 per AWS Client VPN connection per hour
- $0.10 per AWS Client VPN endpoint association per hour in most available AWS Regions except in Asia Pacific (Mumbai), Asia Pacific (Singapore), Asia Pacific (Sydney), and Asia Pacific (Tokyo) AWS Regions.
- $0.15 per AWS Client VPN endpoint association per hour in Asia Pacific (Mumbai), Asia Pacific (Singapore), Asia Pacific (Sydney), and Asia Pacific (Tokyo) AWS Regions.
In AWS Client VPN you are charged for the number of active client connections per hour and the number of subnets that are associated to Client VPN per hour. You start by creating a Client VPN endpoint and associating subnets to that endpoint. You can associate multiple subnets from within an Amazon Virtual Public Cloud (Amazon VPC) to a Client VPN endpoint as long as they are all part of the same AWS account. Each subnet associated with the Client VPN endpoint has to belong to a different Availability Zone and we will bill the Amazon VPC account owner. Billing starts once the subnet association is made and each partial hour consumed is pro-rated for the hour. The next step is to connect users to the Client VPN endpoint. This can happen dynamically as users need the service and you are charged a second fee based on the number of active clients that are connected to the Client VPC endpoint, per hour. Any client connection that is less than an hour is also pro-rated for the hour.
|AWS Regions||Price per AWS Client VPN endpoint association||Price per AWS Client VPN connection|
|US East (N. Virginia)||$0.10||$0.05|
|US East (Ohio)||$0.10||$0.05|
|US West (Oregon)||$0.10||$0.05|
|Asia Pacific (Mumbai)||$0.15||$0.05|
|Asia Pacific (Singapore)||$0.15||$0.05|
|Asia Pacific (Sydney)||$0.15||$0.05|
|Asia Pacific (Tokyo)||$0.15||$0.05|
You create an AWS Client VPN endpoint in US East (Ohio) and associate one subnet to it. You then create 10 Client VPN connections to the AWS Client VPN endpoint that is active for one hour.
- AWS Client VPN endpoint hourly fee: You will be charged for your association to the AWS Client VPN endpoint on an hourly basis. For this AWS Region, the rate is $0.10 per hour.
- Client VPN connection fee: You had 10 active Client VPN connection for 1 hour. The Client VPN connection charge will result in a charge of $0.50.