Announcing Mobile SDKs for Amazon Web Services
Amazon Web Services is pleased to launch two mobile SDKs:
The mobile SDKs make it easier for software developers to call an AWS web service API directly from a mobile application. Previously, developers either wrote their own libraries to handle the HTTP connection, request retries, and error handling, or built additional infrastructure to proxy the API requests through a server fleet. With the mobile SDKs, developers can write software that uses AWS infrastructure in their mobile applications, including:
- Storage—Store and retrieve data using Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3).
- Database—Add a highly available, scalable, and flexible non-relational data store using Amazon SimpleDB with little or no administrative burden.
- Messaging—Integrate reliable, highly scalable mobile-to-mobile communication into applications using Amazon Simple Queue Service (Amazon SQS), and Amazon Simple Notifications Service (Amazon SNS).
Example applications developers can build with the mobile SDKs include:
- A media application that uploads photos, videos, and more to Amazon S3 for world-wide distribution through Amazon CloudFront.
- A social game that shares moves, high scores, and other data between devices using Amazon SimpleDB.
- A messaging client that broadcasts messages between devices using Amazon SQS and Amazon SNS, without requiring any additional server infrastructure.
Learn more about the AWS SDK for Android at http://aws.amazon.com/sdkforandroid.
Learn more about the AWS SDK for iOS at http://aws.amazon.com/sdkforios.
See all resources for mobile development at http://aws.amazon.com/mobile.