AWS Announces Amazon Simple Workflow Service (Amazon SWF)
We are excited to announce Amazon Simple Workflow Service (Amazon SWF), a workflow service for coordinating the various processing steps in your application and managing distributed execution state. Whether automating business processes for finance or insurance applications, building sophisticated data analytics applications, or managing cloud infrastructure services, Amazon SWF reliably coordinates all of the processing steps within an application.
Amazon SWF provides:
- Consistent execution state management.
You can rely on Amazon SWF to reliably track the execution state of an application across distributed components. The components themselves including the application flow logic do not have to deal with maintaining distributed execution state.
- Reliable task distribution. Amazon SWF guarantees non-duplicated dispatch of tasks to application components and allows you to control the routing of tasks. Using such features, you can easily implement even complex application flows.
- Ease of use. You can easily use Amazon SWF without having to learn new programming languages. You can use a combination of programming languages in implementing the application components and the application flow logic.
- Full control over application execution. Amazon SWF manages task execution dependencies, scheduling and concurrency based on the application flow that you define. You have complete freedom in building, deploying and selectively scaling application components.
- The AWS Flow Framework, a programming framework that helps developers easily incorporate asynchronous and event-driven programming into their applications using Amazon SWF.
To learn more about the service, visit the Amazon SWF page. You can easily get started with Amazon SWF with the free tier of service. You can also run a sample workflow in the AWS Management Console.