The AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate exam is intended for individuals with experience designing distributed applications and systems on the AWS platform. Exam concepts you should understand for this exam include:
- Designing and deploying scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on AWS
- Lift and shift of an existing on-premises application to AWS
- Ingress and egress of data to and from AWS
- Selecting the appropriate AWS service based on data, compute, database, or security requirements
- Identifying appropriate use of AWS architectural best practices
- Estimating AWS costs and identifying cost control mechanisms
Eligible candidates for this exam have:
- One or more years of hands-on experience designing available, cost efficient, fault tolerant, and scalable distributed systems on AWS
- In-depth knowledge of at least one high-level programming language
- Ability to identify and define requirements for an AWS-based application
- Experience with deploying hybrid systems with on-premises and AWS components
- Capability to provide best practices for building secure and reliable applications on the AWS platform
- Multiple choice and multiple answer questions
- 80 minutes to complete the exam
- Available in English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, German, Russian, Spanish, and Brazilian Portuguese
- Practice Exam Registration fee is USD 20
- Exam Registration fee is USD 150
- No prerequisites; recommend taking Architecting on AWS and AWS Certification Exam Readiness Workshop: AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
- Click here to review full details in the exam blueprint
- Click here to preview sample questions for the exam
Get hands-on experience with key concepts and services with a collection of self-paced labs.
Find resources and tips to help you prepare for your AWS Certification.
Find out if you're eligible and learn what you need to do.