AWS Week in Review – July 6, 2015
Let’s take a quick look at what happened in AWS-land last week:
New & Notable Open Source
- Cloudsploit Scans runs against an AWS account and return a series of potential misconfigurations and security risks.
New AWS Marketplace Applications
- Data Federation, Address Management, and Advanced Data Integration (Pitney Bowes).
- Atlas Server (MapBox).
- MapLarge Geocoding Engine (MapLarge).
- Droneware and Knowvation (PTFS).
- MobileFabric Developer & Express & SaaS (Kony).
- Chef Server 12 (Chef).
- Barracuda NG Firewall HVM (Barracuda).
- VM-Series Next-Generation Firewall Bundle 2 (Palo Alto).
- ASAv (Cisco ASA).
- Actifio Sky (Actifio).
- Matillion ETL for Redshift (Matillion).
- Clarity (Tibco).
New Slideshare Content
- Amazon EMR Masterclass.
- Amazon Machine Learning – Empowering Developers.
- Architecting for Greater Security on AWS.
- AWS CodeDeploy, AWS CodePipeline, and AWS CodeCommit.
- AWS Power Tools.
- Creating a Cloud Standard.
- EBS Deep Dive.
- Deploying Amazon WorkSpaces at Scale.
- DevOps at Amazon: A Look at our Tools and Processes.
- DevOps in the Public Sector.
- Enhanced Security and Compliance with AWS.
- Enterprise IT in the Cloud.
- Hybrid Infrastructure Integration.
- Security is Job Zero.
- Introduction to AWS Services and Cloud Computing.
- Architecting for Greater Security.
- The Pace of Innovation at AWS.
- Managing the Life Cycle of IT Products.
- Protecting Your Microsoft Workloads with High Availability and Reliability.
- Scaling by Design: AWS Web Services Patterns.
- July 14 – Webinar – Securing Web Applications on the Cloud with the AWS Shared Security Model – with APN Partner Alert Logic UK.
- July 14 – Webinar – How a Candy Manufacturer Runs SAP HANA for Analytics on the AWS Cloud – with APN Partner Protera Technologies.
- July 15 – Webinar – Delivering Corporate eLearning in the Cloud with AWS – with APN Partner Lambda Solutions and customer STEP Energy.
- , July 23 – Webinar – Leveraging AWS Data to Manage Spend and Allocate Costs – with APN Partner CloudCheckr and customer Digital Globe.
- AWS Summits – Latin America.
- AWS re:Invent.
Upcoming Events at the AWS Loft (San Francisco)
- July 15 – Container Day:
- Intro and Deep Dive into EC2 Containers (1 PM – 2 PM).
- Tutorial: Run Your Service with Amazon EC2 Container Service (2 – 3 PM).
- Build Your PaaS on AWS with ECS (3-4 PM).
- Batch Processing with Amazon EC2 Container Service (4 – 6 PM).
- July 16 – AWS Security the DevOps Way with Evident.io (6 – 8 PM).
- July 22 – A Prescription for Startup Financial Health: 8 Financial Best Practices for Startup Executives (6 PM – 7:30 PM).
- July 27 Lowering Total Cost of Ownership with AWS (3 – 4 PM).
- July 30 – Shinola Brings Back “Made in America” to Detroit with DevOps and the Cloud (6 – 8 PM).
- August 10 – AWS Bootcamp: Taking Operations to the Next Level (10 AM – 6 PM).
- August 17 – AWS Bootcamp: Getting Started with AWS -Technical (10 AM – 6 PM).
- August 20 – Behind the Scenes with ILM Lucasfilm: “Powering the World’s Leading Visual Effects Studio” (6 PM – 7:30 PM).
- September 14 – AWS Bootcamp: Architecting Highly Available Applications (10 AM – 6 PM).
- September 28 – AWS Bootcamp: Taking Operations to the Next Level (10 AM – 6 PM).
Upcoming Events at the AWS Loft (New York)
- July 14 – Chef Bootcamp (10 AM – 6 PM).
- July 15 – Chef Bootcamp (10 AM – 6 PM).
- July 16 – Science Logic (11 AM – Noon).
- July 16 – Intel Lustre (4 PM – 5 PM).
- July 17 – Chef Bootcamp (10 AM – 6 PM).
- July 22 – Mashery (11 AM – 3 PM).
- July 23 – An Evening with Chef (6:30 PM).
- July 29 – Evident.io (6:30 PM).
- August 5 – Startup Pitch Event and Summer Social (6:30 PM).
- August 25 – Eliot Horowitz, CTO and Co-Founder of MongoDB (6:30 PM).