VMware Tanzu on AWS
Build, run, scale cloud-native workloads in the cloud
Transform your enterprise’s development and operations with VMware Tanzu Application Service (TAS) (previously Pivotal Cloud Foundry) and elastic infrastructure from Amazon Web Services (AWS). TAS is a cloud-native platform running on AWS that makes it easy to build, deploy, and operate the applications to differentiate your business.
Pivotal Greenplum on AWS can help deploy comprehensive and integrated analytics on multi-structured data. Take advantage of open source, advanced analytics with any language, and against any data, located anywhere.
Liberty Mutual, an American diversified global insurer, wanted to enter the accident and health insurance market in Australia, estimated at $240M. The company only had 6 months to execute its plan before the renewal system would start. Liberty Mutual decided to proceed with VMware Tanzu and AWS for the technological foundation and VMware Tanzu Labs for transforming the development practices. Leveraging agile and test-driven development, Liberty Mutual went from an annual release cycle to 16 releases in 5 months, with the referrals being processed 300% faster and the conversion rate reaching 40% vs 20%, compared to industry standards. Overall, Liberty Mutual experienced a 4x increase in release velocity, 60% reduction in infrastructure costs, and supports 1500 developers with just 8 platform operators.
US Air Force, the aerial and space warfare service branch of the United States Armed Forces, looked to modernize the delivery process and procurement of technology, which can take years for federal agencies. To combat that, US Air Force established the project Kessel Run, which partners with VMware Tanzu to learn best practices around extreme programming and user-centered design, and using VMware Tanzu Application Service and Amazon Web Services GovCloud for non-classified workloads. The process improvements and technology allowed US Air Force to set up a streamlined scheduling system for aircraft refueling in less than 120 days for $1.5m, immediately resulting in millions of dollars of savings.
“Enterprise customers are looking to VMware Tanzu and Amazon Web Services for hybrid cloud options. The combination of VMware Tanzu Application Service and the AWS Service Broker gives customers the best of both worlds - a modern application platform and easy access to a rich portfolio of AWS services. We’re excited to further our commitment to helping our shared customers on their cloud journey.”
– Sandy Carter, Vice President, AWS Windows & Enterprise Workloads (VMware Cloud on AWS, SAP, IBM), Amazon Web Services, Inc.
VMware Tanzu Application Service on Amazon Web Services is a cloud-native platform meant for building and running applications at scale. Using open source technology, TAS empowers organizations to rapidly and efficiently deliver new code. VMware Tanzu connects with a number of AWS services, so teams can streamline the consumption of resources on the cloud.
VMware Tanzu Application Service on AWS Quick Start automatically deploys TAS into your Amazon Web Services account. You can build your applications in Spring or .NET, and then deploy your code to the platform. TAS does the rest, handling much of the operational complexity for you.
Pivotal Greenplum on Amazon Web Services is a massively parallel processing data platform built for advanced analytics, machine learning, and data warehousing at scale. Using open source technology, Greenplum empowers organizations to easily and efficiently analyze any type of data. Greenplum works with a number of AWS and third party products seamlessly at scale and can be deployed anywhere.