APN Competencies are granted to APN Consulting Partners who have attained proficiency in a specific specialization or use case. Attaining a Competency allows APN members to differentiate themselves to customers by showing expertise in a specific solution area. Partners can qualify for one or more APN Competency by having a strong overall AWS practice, showcasing customer success, and demonstrating technical readiness within the Competency.
APN Partners can currently apply for the six APN Competencies below:
- Big Data: APN Partners that help customers evaluate and use the tools, techniques, and technologies of working with data productively, at any scale.
- Managed Service Provider (MSP): APN Partners that fully manage their customers’ AWS-based infrastructure, associated databases, and applications deployed on AWS.
- SharePoint: APN Partners that help customers design, migrate, manage, or deploy their Microsoft SharePoint environment on the AWS Cloud.
- Exchange: APN Partners that help customers plan, deploy, or configure their Microsoft Exchange Server workloads on the AWS Cloud.
- SAP: APN Partners that help SAP customers implement, migrate, and manage SAP applications on the AWS Cloud.
- Oracle: APN Partners that help customers architect, deploy and manage Oracle based workloads running on the AWS Cloud.
Partners that qualify for APN Competencies will receive a number of valuable benefits, including:
- Public designation on AWS Site
- Use of APN Competency Logo in sales and marketing tools
- Preferred access to GTM funding
- Selective eligibility for inclusion in future AWS announcements regarding APN Competencies
- Selective eligibility for inclusion in APN Partner spotlights (incl. quotes, testimonials, videos, etc.)
- Selective eligibility to customer opportunities
- Preferred access to AWS Private Betas
- Preferred access to AWS Roadmap briefings from AWS Service Teams
- Selective eligibility for APN Competency Subject Matter Webinars
- Preferred access to Market Development Funds
In order to qualify for a given APN Competency, partners must meet the requirements below, plus Competency-specific requirements.
- Confirmed Standard, Advanced, or Premier APN Consulting Partner
- ≥$5,000 in monthly AWS revenue (indirect/direct)
- ≥3 Customer References within specific APN Competency
- Published proof of APN Competency project (case study, whitepaper, press release, etc.)
- Business Level AWS Support or higher
- APN Competency overview page on company website (encouraged)
- ≥ 3 AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate Level
Applying for APN Competencies is simple. Follow the quick steps below to apply.
- Using your APN Partner *credentials, login to the APN Portal via the link below.
- APN Portal: https://www.apn-portal.com
- Once your firm has logged into the APN Portal, click on "View Partner Scorecard" in the left navigation. Update the below sections of your Partner Scorecard to support APN Competency requirements:
- AWS Customer References: ≥3 AWS Customer References within the APN Competency
- AWS Billing: ≥$5,000 in monthly AWS Billings (direct or indirect)
Once your Partner Scorecard is up-to-date, click on "Apply for APN Competencies" located at the top of your firm's Partner Scorecard. Please follow the prompted steps to complete your APN Competency application.
* All APN Partners (regardless of tier) have access to the APN Portal. Please contact the APN Team if your firm needs assistance logging into the APN Portal.