APN Consulting Partners are professional services firms that help customers of all sizes design, architect, build, migrate, and manage their workloads and applications on AWS. Consulting Partners include System Integrators (SIs), Strategic Consultancies, Agencies, Managed Service Providers (MSPs), and Value-Added Resellers (VARs).
As an APN Consulting Partner you will gain access to a range of resources and training to support your customers deploy, run, and manage applications in the AWS Cloud.
Update: New 2015 APN Consulting Partner Benefits & Requirements! Learn More >
APN Consulting Partners can achieve one of four performance tiers based on training, customer engagements, and overall business investment on AWS. These tiers are: Registered, Standard, Advanced, and Premier. By increasing your firm's level of AWS expertise and engagement, you can advance through APN's tiers to receive additional benefits.
By joining, APN Consulting Partners gain access to the following benefits:
APN Partners who successfully meet the requirements for the Standard, Advanced, or Premier Tiers are eligible for additional benefits. Learn more about 2015 APN Consulting Partner benefits and requirements below.
Whether you're a new APN Partner in the emerging stages of building a business on AWS, or a more established APN Partner seeking to deepen your relationship with AWS, the APN can help your firm succeed on AWS. Follow the steps below to get started today.
• APN Consulting Partner Registration: Register your firm at no cost via the APN Consulting Partner Registration
• Log in to the APN Portal: Once registered, your firm will receive an email with your APN Portal login credentials and temporary password. Using those credentials, log in to the APN Portal
• Add Portal Users: To add APN Portal users from your firm, send the APN Portal Self-Registration link to activate their logins
• Update Partner Scorecard: Track your firm’s AWS success (customer wins, training, etc.) via your Partner Scorecard in the APN Portal
Have Additional Questions? Search the APN Knowledge Base.
APN Partners are encouraged to take advantage of our training and enablement tools designed to help them grow their AWS practice.
- Earn APN Partner Accreditations: APN offers partners e-learning courses to help technical and business individuals to deepen their knowledge of AWS services. Accreditation courses are available online via the APN Portal at no cost.
- Earn AWS Certifications: Get validation for your proven experience with AWS. AWS Certifications recognize IT professionals who demonstrate the skills and technical knowledge necessary for designing, deploying, and managing applications on AWS. We offer certification across technical roles and levels of proficiency. Visit the AWS Certification page to learn more.
- APN Partner Webinars: Take advantage of webinars focused on educating and enabling partners on technical, marketing, and business topics. Register and learn more here.
- AWS Syndicated Marketing: Showcase AWS on your own website and generate leads through a custom embedded web page. Learn more about how the AWS Syndicated Marketing platform can automatically update your website content.
- Sign up for AWS Support: AWS recommends that all APN Partners have at least baseline technical support from AWS in order to serve their end customers on AWS. To select an AWS Support plan to best fit your firm’s needs, please review Support Plans and pricing here.
Once your firm meets APN’s Standard Tier requirements, apply to upgrade to receive additional APN benefits. APN Partners interested in upgrading their membership can submit their application by following the below steps:
Security Best Practices for APN Partners
Premier Consulting Partners must adhere to the following best practices to secure all AWS accounts that they manage:
- Account Root Credentials: Must have multifactor authentication on the root account credentials. Must also delete and disable all root API keys.
- AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM): Must use IAM for user access. Must enable the IAM Password policy minimum of 8-character password.
- Enable Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for privileged IAM
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC): Must use AWS VPC on all accounts.
- AWS CloudTrail: Must be enabled in all accounts.
- Restricted Administrative Access: Security groups for administrative access via RDP or SSH must be restricted to the client’s corporate network and not open to the internet, such as ports 22 and 3389.
For information on deploying these best practices, see AWS Security Best Practices Whitepaper.