To help you get started with the AWS Cloud, the AWS Free Tier allows you to gain hands-on experience with a broad selection of AWS products and services. Within the AWS Free Tier you can test workloads and run applications to learn more and build the right solution for your organization.
AWS Marketplace offers more than 700 free and paid software products that run on the AWS Free Tier. If you qualify for the AWS Free Tier, you can use these products on an Amazon EC2 t2.micro instance for up to 750 hours per month and pay no additional charges for the Amazon EC2 instance (during the 12 months). Software charges may still apply for paid software.
- 750 hours of Amazon EC2 Linux t.2 micro instance usage (1 GiB of memory and 32-bit and 64-bit platform support) – enough hours to run continuously each month*
- 750 hours of Amazon EC2 Microsoft Windows Server† t.2 micro instance usage (1 GiB of memory and 32-bit and 64-bit platform support) – enough hours to run continuously each month*
- 750 hours of an Elastic Load Balancer plus 15 GB data processing*
- 30 GB of Amazon Elastic Block Storage in any combination of General Purpose (SSD) or Magnetic, plus 2 million I/Os (with EBS Magnetic) and 1 GB of snapshot storage*
- 5 GB of Amazon S3 standard storage, 20,000 Get Requests, and 2,000 Put Requests*
100 MB of storage, 5 units of write capacity, and 10 units of read capacity for Amazon DynamoDB.**
- 750 hours of Amazon RDS Single-AZ Micro DB Instances, for running MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle BYOL or SQL Server (running SQL Server Express Edition) – enough hours to run a DB Instance continuously each month*
- 20 GB of database storage
- 10 million I/Os
- 20 GB of backup storage for your automated database backups and any user-initiated DB Snapshots
- 50 GB Data Transfer Out, 2,000,000 HTTP and HTTPS Requests of Amazon CloudFront*
- Unlimited user authentication and ID generation**
- 10 GB of cloud sync storage
- 1,000,000 sync operations per month
- 1,000 Amazon SWF workflow executions and a total of 10,000 activity tasks, signals, timers and markers, and 30,000 workflow-days.**
- 20 minutes of SD transcoding or 10 minutes of HD transcoding**
- 10 Amazon Cloudwatch metrics, 10 alarms, and 1,000,000 API requests**
- 15 GB of bandwidth out aggregated across all AWS services*
- 3 low frequency preconditions running on AWS per month*
- 5 low frequency activities running on AWS per month*
- 750 hours of Amazon ElastiCache - enough hours to run a Cache Node continuously each month.*
- 100 million free events per month**
* These free tier offers are only available to new AWS customers, and are available for 12 months following your AWS sign-up date. When your 12 month free usage term expires or if your application use exceeds the tiers, you simply pay standard, pay-as-you-go service rates (see each service page for full pricing details). Restrictions apply; see offer terms for more details.
** These free tier offers do not automatically expire at the end of your 12 month AWS Free Tier term, but are available to both existing and new AWS customers indefinitely.
† The following Windows variants are not eligible for the free tier: Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 with SQL Server Web, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 with SQL Server Standard, Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 64-bit for Cluster Instances and Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 SQL Server 64-bit for Cluster Instances.
The AWS Free Tier applies to participating services across the following AWS regions: US East (Northern Virginia), US West (Oregon), US West (Northern California), EU (Ireland), Asia Pacific (Singapore), Asia Pacific (Tokyo), Asia Pacific (Sydney), and South America (Sao Paulo). Your free usage under the AWS Free Tier is calculated each month across all regions and automatically applied to your bill – free usage does not accumulate.