AWS re:Invent Enables Partners to Learn and Explore Innovations in Cloud Technology
Editor’s note: If you missed anything, check out our re:Invent recap for AWS Partners >>
By Doug Yeum, Head of Global Partner Organization at AWS
AWS re:Invent season is upon us! This is a special time for all of us at Amazon Web Services (AWS), our customers, and certainly for our valued AWS Partners.
There is nothing more exciting and gratifying than bringing people together to learn and explore innovations in cloud technology. The excitement is inspiring.
I have to say—even though re:Invent will look a little different this year as a free, three-week virtual conference—I can’t wait for you to join us and see what we have in store, specifically for our global community of AWS Partners.
We have doubled down for 2020 on a virtual program of re:Invent sessions and activities designed to showcase how together, we can deliver incredible results for our customers.
This has been a year unlike any other in recent history. The challenges we’ve faced have been great, but our resilience has been even greater. I have been humbled to witness how AWS Partners are helping customers adapt to our rapidly-changing world. I see you making small sacrifices and huge innovations. I see you moving faster than ever before. I see you making investments in the technical training of your staff to provide even more expert support to customers.
Just take a look at the AWS Partner COVID-19 solutions guide for some great examples of how AWS Partners are stepping up right now. I am truly proud to work with so many AWS Partners who are customer focused, long-term oriented, and extraordinarily resourceful and inventive.
Join Us for Global Partner Summit
AWS re:Invent and our annual Global Partner Summit is a chance to connect with one another, and look ahead to how our collective growth and service innovation is creating new opportunities that meet the demands of our increasingly cloud-reliant world.
Here’s a quick look at what we’ll be sharing at Global Partner Summit:
- AWS Partners are helping customers transform. COVID-19 has been a huge inertia breaker, and a necessary forcing function for customers to accelerate their digital transformations. This has created enormous opportunity for AWS Partners who are capable of leveraging the breadth and depth of AWS service innovation. We only launch new services at AWS in response to strong customer demand, so each announcement at re:Invent presents new opportunity for you to deliver more value for your customers.
- APN programs are enabling AWS Partners to develop deep expertise. We are continually looking for ways to better support AWS Partners, and our industry-recognized AWS Partner Network (APN) differentiation programs combine training opportunities, co-selling support, and validation that customers look for when choosing the right partner for the job. At re:Invent, we are excited to highlight some new programs designed to really accelerate your growth and drive the specialization that customers demand.
- AWS is helping ISVs innovate. AWS ISV Partners are critically important to our business strategy and deliver so much value to our joint customers. We’re seeing more and more independent software vendors (ISVs) think bigger about how they grow their businesses by offering solutions that meet the changing needs of customers. At AWS, we are committed to supporting ISV Partners through programs to transform their solutions, bring those solutions to market, and successfully co-sell with us.
This is just a small slice of what you can expect to hear at AWS re:Invent 2020, and I can’t wait to share more with you! Be sure to read our Know Before You Go guide to get the most out of re:Invent and Global Partner Summit.
AWS Partner Keynote & Leadership Sessions
The AWS Partner Keynote will be broadcast live on Thursday, Dec. 3 at 8:00 AM PST. It will be re-broadcast Friday, Dec. 4 at 8:00 AM (both SGT and GMT) to reach global audiences.
I will be joined on stage by Sandy Carter, AWS VP, Global Public Sector Partners and Programs; and Dave McCann, VP, Migration, Marketplace, and Control Services. Register for the virtual broadcast and learn how AWS is helping partners modernize their businesses to help their customers transform.
AWS Partners are encouraged to attend any of our 19 Leadership Sessions offered at re:Invent this year, including partner-related sessions from Sandy Carter, Dave McCann, and Maureen Lonergan, who will share how AWS Training & Certification helps the builders of tomorrow leverage the power of the AWS Cloud.
APN Blog Leader Series
As we look ahead to new opportunities and innovations in 2021, we also take a moment to celebrate the accomplishments we have made together.
I invite you to read our new APN Blog series written by leaders across the AWS Partner Organization. From ISVs and Public Sector Partners to strategic workloads and global systems integrators (GSIs), learn more about the myriad ways AWS Partners are empowering customers on their transformation journeys.
- Sandy Carter on the global impact of AWS Public Sector Partners
- Ryan Broadwell on how AWS ISV Partners empower customer success
- Chris Sullivan on AWS Partners helping customers run strategic workloads on AWS
- Chris Niederman on the strategic alliances driving customer innovation
- Dave McCann on how AWS Marketplace helps partners expand their reach
Thank You AWS Partners!
I know the demands on your time are great, especially as we head into what will certainly be a unique holiday season. One of the unexpected benefits of our virtual re:Invent model is that we now have a channel to reach more of you around the world, on your own time.
Please join me for the live AWS Partner Keynote on Dec. 3, but I also encourage you to take a look at your schedule and plot out some time to immerse yourself in re:Invent’s breakouts, leadership sessions, roundtables, and lightning talks.
Registration is now open—I and the rest of the AWS Partner team look forward to connecting with you soon!