Know Before You (Virtually) Go: An AWS Partner’s Guide to re:Invent 2020
Editor’s note: If you missed anything, check out our re:Invent recap for AWS Partners >>
This year, AWS re:Invent 2020 is being held as a free, three-week virtual conference. All of us at Amazon Web Services (AWS) are excited to connect with AWS Partners from around the globe.
To help you prepare, we’ve rounded up a number of things to check out (virtually, of course).
Global Partner Summit
Please join us for the annual Global Partner Summit (GPS) at AWS re:Invent 2020. Global Partner Summit offers content and activities designed specifically for AWS Partners and prospective partners alike.
Throughout GPS, partners will learn how to leverage AWS services to build solutions for customers, and explore programs that can help differentiate your business and reach new customers faster.
Prospective partners and customers are both welcome to watch GPS sessions to learn more about the AWS Partner Network (APN). Global Partner Summit is fully integrated into the overall re:Invent program, and does not require a separate registration.
AWS Partner Keynote
The AWS Partner Keynote will be broadcast live on Thursday, Dec. 3 at 8:00 AM PST. It will be re-broadcast Friday, Dec. 4 at 8:00 AM (both SGT and GMT) to reach global audiences.
The keynote will feature Doug Yeum, head of Global Partner Organization; Sandy Carter, AWS VP, Global Public Sector Partners and Programs; and Dave McCann, VP, Migration, Marketplace, and Control Services.
Register for the virtual broadcast and learn how AWS is helping partners modernize their businesses to help their customers transform.
There will be 19 leadership sessions offered at re:Invent this year. These sessions are a chance for attendees to hear directly from AWS leaders as they share the latest advances in AWS technologies, set the future product direction, and motivate you through compelling success stories.
Notable leadership sessions for Global Partner Summit attendees are:
AWS Public Sector Partners
Sandy Carter, AWS VP, Global Public Sector Partners and Programs
Thursday, Dec. 3
10:00 AM PST
Sandy is the AWS VP of Global Public Sector Partners and Programs, driving growth in the public sector internationally as well as in the United States. She previously built an enterprise workload team, as the vice president of enterprise workloads at AWS, focused on migration and modernization through containers and serverless.
Dave McCann, VP, Migration, Marketplace, and Control Services
Thursday, Dec. 3
11:15 AM PST
Dave leads a portfolio of services that include AWS Migration Services, AWS Marketplace, AWS Data Exchange, and control services to help organizations modernize and govern their applications.
Training and Certification
Maureen Lonergan, Director of AWS Training and Certification
Tuesday, Dec. 8
11:30 AM PST
Maureen is the global leader of AWS Training and Certification. With flexible training offerings alongside an industry-leading certification program, her team helps the builders of today and tomorrow leverage the power of the AWS Cloud.
GPS Breakout Sessions
We have 15 AWS-led breakout sessions as part of Global Partner Summit. All sessions are 30 minutes in length. Join live for a chance to ask questions to our panel of session experts.
Register for these breakout sessions at Global Partner Summit:
- Navigate success in the Consulting Partner journey (GPS201)
- Deliver a secure digital workplace for your customers (GPS 202)
- Database modernization with AWS Consulting Partners (GPS203)
- Accelerate migrations with the ISV Workload Migration Program (GPS204)
- Delivering professional services in a COVID-19 world (GPS205)
- Looking beyond infrastructure to drive your SAP business (GPS206)
- How to sell on AWS Marketplace (GPS207)
- Insights and inspiration from those on the transformation path (GPS208)
- Modernize databases and apps with the Database Freedom Program for ISVs (GPS209)
- Co-selling for systems integrators (GPS210)
- AWS Partners driving innovation amidst COVID-19 (GPS211)
- Co-selling for independent software vendors (GPS212)
- Close the cloud skills gap by building a diverse, vibrant workforce (GPS213)
- Getting to “all-in” – Realizing the full potential of the cloud (GPS214)
- How to deliver effective customer workshops and webinars virtually (GSP302)
APN Ambassador Virtual Guides for re:Invent Attendees
To help you prepare and get ready to take on our three-week event, we’ve created a guide full of tips and tricks provided directly from re:Invent alumni, teams, and staff on how to maneuver our free virtual event successfully.
Find inspiration from APN Ambassadors who have authored guides to help re:Invent attendees find content based on specific areas of interest. Choose the persona
you best identify with to learn more:
- Partner Solution Architect or Technical Staff Guide – By Josh Lopez, Versent
- Partner Business Developer or Sales Guide – By Simone Merlini, beSharp
- New AWS Partner Guide – By Scott Weber, Eagledream
- Partner Executive Guide – By Biwsajit Mohapatra, IBM
GPS Activities for Partners
Don’t miss these re:Invent activities for AWS Partners. Please note that some of the links below will become active on the re:Invent platform when the virtual conference starts on Nov. 30.
Ask the Experts Zone
As part of Global Partner Summit, we’ll be hosting an “Ask the Experts” chat on the GPS page in Kaltura. AWS Partners are encouraged to ask questions related to re:Invent, APN programs, marketing, training, and technical enablement.
Join the virtual chat and connect with AWS Partner experts from around the world and across multiple business units.
theCUBE at GPS
Throughout re:Invent, theCUBE will deliver news desk style coverage in a unique conversational video interview format. They’ll capture impactful and engaging discussions with AWS executives, customers, partners, and subject matter experts.
Check the schedule for segments featuring a leader or subject matter expert from the AWS Partner Network.
Howdy Partner Live Segments
Howdy Partner is a live broadcast highlighting AWS Partners where experts and newcomers alike can learn how AWS Partner solutions enable you to drive faster results and pick the right tool when you need it.
Howdy Partner will be interviewing APN community members about their favorite re:Invent launches announcements, sessions their company is involved in, and compelling stories or innovations we’ve worked on together. Each episode will feature an AWS ISV Partner and APN Ambassador so you learn about new tools and meet the people behind the companies.
AWS on Air Howdy Partner Sessions:
- Dec. 1 at 3:00 PM PST – CloudHealth by VMware
- Dec. 3 at 3:00 PM PST – Cohesity
- Dec. 8 at 3:00 PM PST – Commvault
- Dec. 10 at 3:00 PM PST – VMware
- Dec. 15 at 3:00 PM PST – Datadog
- Dec. 17 at 3:00 PM PST – Apptio
AWS Twitch Howdy Partner Sessions:
- Dec. 2 at 2:00 PM PST – Stackery and APN Ambassador Jon Topper
- Dec. 7 at 2:00 PM PST – nOps and APN Ambassador Scott Weber
- Dec. 9 at 2:00 PM PST – New Relic
- Dec. 14 at 2:00 PM PST – NLX and APN Ambassador Zamira Jaupaj
- Dec. 16 at 2:00 PM PST – Docker and APN Ambassador Josh Lopez
Training and Certification Activities
AWS Training and Certification (T&C) is focused on driving and accelerating adoption and usage of the AWS Cloud by educating all customers and partners on AWS technologies and best practices.
This year’s virtual re:Invent format offers attendees an opportunity to see how our broad suite of training products can help you use more services, and ensure your employees are trained to enable their digital transformation and achieve their business outcomes.
Access the T&C The HUB and meet 1:1 with AWS training experts, view on-demand express trainings, and preview new AWS PartnerCast offerings. This is an online activity center within the re:Invent platform.
Meet Our Sponsors
Be sure to engage with our AWS re:Invent sponsors in new and innovative ways across the event platform.
APN Blog Leader Series
As we look ahead to new opportunities and innovations in 2021, we also take a moment to celebrate the accomplishments we have made together.
Check out our new APN Blog series written by leaders across the AWS Partner Organization. From ISVs and Public Sector Partners to strategic workloads and global systems integrators (GSIs), learn more about the myriad ways AWS Partners are empowering customers on their transformation journeys.
- Doug Yeum on how re:Invent helps AWS Partners learn and explore
- Sandy Carter on the global impact of AWS Public Sector Partners
- Ryan Broadwell on how AWS ISV Partners empower customer success
- Chris Sullivan on AWS Partners helping customers run strategic workloads on AWS
- Chris Niederman on the strategic alliances driving customer innovation
- Dave McCann on how AWS Marketplace helps partners expand their reach
Follow AWS and the APN on social media for all the latest updates about re:Invent 2020:
- Follow @awscloud on Twitter, and use the hashtag #reInvent
- Follow @AWS_Partners on Twitter for re:Invent info exclusively for AWS Partners!
- Join the AWS Partner Global Community Group on LinkedIn
- Subscribe to the AWS Partner YouTube channel
- Join the AWS Partner email list for timely updates about APN news and events